Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    swasti_nayak200 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2009, 01:29 AM
    Teeth gap correction
    My 7 year old daughters 2 front adult teeth came with a big gap she also has a thick frenulum.can the gap will close after we remove the frenulum?we have no medical history of gap between teeth.
    brownishy Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2009, 01:50 AM

It may close when the lateral incisors and the canine erupt but if it does not it can be easily corrected by braces.

Are the lateral incisors erupted? Did your dentist tell you that your child has a thick frenum?
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2009, 08:23 AM

Having the frenectomy can definitely help and save you money on braces. As the rest of her adult teeth come in, the space may close naturally. Has a panorex x-ray been taken to see the position of the adult teeth?
    drsam Posts: 49, Reputation: 3

Jun 26, 2009, 01:05 PM

Firstly the attachment of the frenum is the concern and then the thickness,let the dentist decide whether it will cause any future hindrance and result in diastema(spacing b/w the central incisors) and do search about UGLY DUCKLING STAGE and you will feel relaxed...
    Amir1981 Posts: 246, Reputation: 6

Jun 27, 2009, 03:03 AM

Yeah a lot of kids have this gap at this age (ugly duckling stage)... most of the time you just monitor it... SPACE IS GOOD!! It means less chance of crowding, which makes orthodontics very difficult/costly. Let the canines erupt (age 10ish) and then decide on surgery or braces... the dentist will let you know
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2009, 07:33 PM
    I agree with having the frenectomy done and the gap may close on its own as the other permanent teeth come in. As Amir said, it's good to have spaces between primary teeth because it allows room for the permanent teeth with less likelihood of crowding. If that's the only issue your child has, the problem can be corrected with a retainer with springs to move the teeth closer together- it looks like a traditional retainer but there are two fine wires applying pressure to close the gap over time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NJ name correction [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I received the NJ birth certificate for my son today and they misspelled his middle name wrong. How do I change this?

Correction to son's name [ 4 Answers ]

My son's original birth certificate and record has him listed with my maiden name as I was unmarried at the time of his birth. I lost his birth certificate and requested a copy from PA dept of vital statistics. When I received it, my son's last name was changed to be his biological fathers last...

Lower denture teeth bite: gum line up or angle teeth forward? [ 8 Answers ]

:cool: Should the bite line of the teeth on the lower denture be forward of the centerline of the gum 5 mm? Would it be better to have the lower teeth in line with the gum?

Deed of correction? [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a house from an investor who wanted to do the deal using a Gift of Deed. I still took out a loan to pay him so it was not given to me. After the fact, found out this is not on the up and up because I cheated the state of Va out of some taxes. My questions are should I get a Deed of...

W-2 from correction [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have few questions about revising my W2-form and taxes. 1. I am on H1-B. I got w2-form from my employer for the year 2006. Later in 2007 March Employer complained that the client did not pay last 2 weeks for the services I provided to a client for the past one year. I tried to solve...

View more questions Search