Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mellonee09 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2009, 09:45 AM
    Relocatiing children 2 hours away, in Ohio. Anyone know the laws
    My fiancé and I want to move back to my home town. It's a small town, less violence, better people etc. Where we are living now, is a lot of violence, robbery, shootings, murders every day!

The children father (my fiance) have custody of the children, the move is only 76 miles away, its actually about 1 hr an half away. The mother of kids, is not paying child support she is suspose to but she hasn't an has back support. She has been in contempt. She did not put up a fight when they went for custody. She actually is only suspose to get them sat 10-6 an sun 10-3 but he has been letting them stay on the weekends. They always come home with head lice every weekend.

He told her yesterday we were thinking about moving, better job oportunities, less violence. etc. an she now act like she cares. An says she is not going to let him take the child out of town.

Does anyone know the relocation laws in Ohio to move just 1hr 1/2 away. Also should he take to court, or wait an see if she is going to? She also is not working, an believe to be selling drugs also using. Could he ask for drug test if it do go to court,

I would appreciate hearing from anyone that can help!
    Thank you so much!
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2009, 10:14 AM

The moving and the child care are two separate issues.

As for moving, it's a borderline. Most states laws state something to the effect of if the move causes a change in the availability of the children's scheduled visitation. Basically, if she wants to fight it, you (fiancee) might be responsible for the transportation and associated costs.

Now the care - first, if they are coming back with lice on a regular basis (or even more than once... ) I would definitely get the court involved. Next time they have lice, get it documented by a doctor. The time after that, file for a change in visitation pending health inspection. When you file for the change in visitation, you can request a drug test. Evidence/proof of use goes a long way with this request.

Jun 18, 2009, 10:18 AM

Thanks for the suggestions appreciate it

Jun 18, 2009, 10:27 AM
    Relocatin child 1 hour an half away from non custodian parent
    We want to move 76 miles away. The mother of the kids that only have visits say she not going to let my fiancé take them out of town. She is not current on child support, did not put up a fight in court over custody. She let them go months with out water sleep in puke beds etc. real bad bad. So fiancé got them. Only suspose to be with her 10-6 sat an 10-3 sun he has been nice last year an have been letting them go on the weekends. They come home wit head lice all the time.

Was wondering since only less then 2hrs away if he would have to go to court.
    Should we move an wait an see if she files? She have no job no money. She
    Also using drugs
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2009, 10:30 AM
    Is it across state lines?

What state is the order in?

What does your order say about it?

Did you have an attorney for the order?

Does she have visitation?
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2009, 10:32 AM

You already asked this question and got a fine answer from Stevecg.

Don't ask more than once. You won't get different responses. You have asked this 3 times so far.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/childr...ws-366386.html
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 18, 2009, 11:01 AM
    >Threads Merged<

Jun 18, 2009, 11:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwantfair View Post
    Is it across state lines?

What state is the order in?

What does your order say about it?

Did you have an attorney for the order?

Does she have visitation?
    It is in Ohio. Her visitation court order is sat 10-6 an sun 10-3. he has been nice an letting them stay on the weekends with her.
    No it is not across state lines
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2009, 11:18 AM

Your question has been answered if you have any additional questions please ask them. If not we can't tell you anything else that hasn't already been said.

Jun 18, 2009, 11:33 AM
    jaded0104 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2011, 07:14 PM
    stevetcg is correct in the child's health. Take care of that costly issue first. The moving is simple she can get every other weekend, certain holidays and at least a week to 6 weeks in the summer if she takes it to court. 30 miles is stated in the standard visitation agreements in Ohio. If it is over 30 miles then what I've stated is possible out come and the to and from can become a issue but a half way meeting place would be simple fix. My concern is thr lice issue. The county needs to get involved if this is all the time. The school can help with this as well but be sure your house is not a issue cause this can come back on you as well. Good luck..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eviction laws in Ohio [ 8 Answers ]

My son, 22, will be released from jail in October. I want him to live in our home and my husband says he cannot. Both my husband and I are listed on the deed to the home. Can my husband not allow my son to stay in the home and evict him, or because he has MY PERMISSION, can he stay? Please,...

Emancipation laws in Ohio [ 1 Answers ]

My mom and I we don't get along at all not at all and its really starting to get old. She is always telling me that she does not want me around her anymore that she is going to send me away. She is always putting me down and everything and it kills me I just want to get away. I was wondering what...

Ohio Employee Laws [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, I have a question. I have tried to research this myself and can't find what I am looking for. In Ohio, if an employee works a 4 or 5 hour shift - are they intitled to a break? Even a 5 minute one? How many hours worked before one gets a break? My company is trying to take away all...

Ohio Abandonment laws? [ 13 Answers ]

I don't know how to go about getting full custody of my child. The father hasn't been in the picture for a long time and is now in prison... can I file abandonment charges on him?

Ohio Laws [ 1 Answers ]

What are the laws in Ohio about pit bulls if you have a web site id love to have it thanks

View more questions Search