Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    b61546 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2009, 06:24 PM
    Riding lawnmower won't start
    Has new starter and battery. Trying to start its dead though when battery connected to charger starter hums. Weird!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 16, 2009, 07:51 PM

I have moved your post here from the forum help area. The forum help area is where you ask questions on how to use this site.

I know it can be confusing.

Someone will be here shortly to help you with the lawn mower isusue
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jun 21, 2009, 11:06 AM

Hi,
    With just the info given I would say you have a solenoid stuck "closed." Do need more info like brand, model, engine, model, type, etc.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    mazak Posts: 148, Reputation: 5

Jun 21, 2009, 11:09 AM

Also,make sure battery is fully charged. When it hums try lightly tapping on the starter,and see if it will turn over.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Murray riding lawnmower will not start [ 4 Answers ]

I am looking for some advice on my Murray Lawn mower. I started it the other day and after a few passes it died and now only turns over. Replaced oil, plugs. It appears to only get a spark on one of the plugs. No spark on the other. I removed the air filter and I do get a flame shooting out of...

Lawnmower won't start [ 3 Answers ]

Just took it out of storage and now it won't start. It tried to start after cranking it but didn't. A briggs and stratton yard machine.

Murray17.5 Riding Lawnmower Won't Start! [ 2 Answers ]

My Murray lawnmower is giving me problems. I bought a new battery , new starter and the starter will not turn. The positive and the negative wire gets hot and the wire going to the starter also gets hot. I have spent hours trying to figure out the problem, but I need help! Not to mention that my...

Murray riding lawnmower won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I was mowing my lawn and mower was running fine. I shut it off for a moment and when I tried to start it again, I got nothing but a click at the solenoid. It has a brand new battery that has a good charge. Any suggestions? Also, if it is the solenoid, any good sites to find one?

View more questions Search