Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladyunique Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2009, 04:04 PM
    Heartbroken & devastated
    Dear all,
    The love of my life has left me after 4 yrs together & I'm experiencing shaking hands, arm numbness, 'aching'heavy' heart, loss of appetite, & more...
    Since the day he left me; (4 days ago), I've been boozing 24/7 with little sleep or food. I've got 2 son's to care for but I'm finding it a hard struggle. I'm not strong in myself, so how can I be strong for them?

I need my man to come home to me now!
    Will he?
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2009, 04:12 PM

Who knows but you need to prepare for if he doesn't which is most likely the case.

Put no contact into place and slowly those symptoms will start to disappear.
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2009, 04:51 PM

You may be down and out now but you got to get your priorities straight, you got 2 young children that need you and not a drunken mommy. They deserve better, no one can say for sure if he will come back. Try to take comfort in your beautiful children, draw on their love to help you get through this, they need you mommy.

I am sorry for your heartbreak with the ex, but your life will go on.

Good luck to you
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jun 16, 2009, 05:02 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. No one knows if he'll come back, but you have to start moving on. You can't put your life on hold for him. You have more important things to take care of. You got to focus on yourself and your children. Don't be scared to get some help. Ask your family and friends to help you out with taking care of your children so that you can take care of yourself.
    MiSSsy111222 Posts: 267, Reputation: 29

Jun 17, 2009, 02:14 AM

I defiantly don't think he will come back if your drinking and losing control. I'm sorry for your loss, I really am but you need to be strong for yourself and your children. The more quicker you pull yourself together the quicker you move on.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2009, 07:53 AM

Oh Honey, I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing someone that has been by your side for four years is truly a huge hole in your life. It will be hard, it will take a while, but honestly, you will be OK.

You have two sons to live for... "boozing 24/7" could kill you. You have to decide that your sons are worth living for.

You're worth living for.

You need air to breathe to survive.
    You need food to eat to survive.
    You need a purpose to live for to survive.
    You don't need a man to survive.

You will survive this.

Jun 17, 2009, 05:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HistorianChick View Post
    Oh Honey, I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing someone that has been by your side for four years is truly a huge hole in your life. It will be hard, it will take a while, but honestly, you will be ok.

You have two sons to live for... "boozing 24/7" could kill you. You have to decide that your sons are worth living for.

You're worth living for.

You need air to breathe to survive.
    You need food to eat to survive.
    You need a purpose to live for to survive.
    You don't need a man to survive.

You will survive this.
    Thanks so much xx

Jun 17, 2009, 05:47 PM

Thanks 4 all da messages peeps!
    Da thing is, I don't have any family, and da few true mates I can trust obviously have their own lives :(
    But your rite, my 2 boy's u'rte my life, I'll live 4 100%+++++ xxx
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2009, 06:03 PM

Great to hear good luck to you and remember where all only a amhd post away, visit us anytime
    rob_reaper Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jun 17, 2009, 06:07 PM

First off you don't "need" your man you want him back. You need only food, water, sleep to live. I understand your sad but your children need you so reach deep down inside and find the strength to go on for them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Losing my best friend- devastated [ 10 Answers ]

I had a close online friend for a few years. We got along fine. But we had a fight in Feb because I was sending her money to help her out when she was unemployed and then she used the money to buy me a gift. I was mad that she was rejecting my money and said I didn't want the gift and some letters...

I am devastated .again [ 10 Answers ]

I have lots of previous posts about this one guy I have been dating. I thought everything was going great. We had began communicating much better, seeing each other more often, getting along great - I thought everything was OK and that he really liked and cared for me. Then my friend, who uses...

Devastated, Heartbroken and so alone [ 14 Answers ]

Hi All Well my Partner of 18 years packed her bags(well took most of her things) and moved out. I am devastated and feel so alone. Everywhere I look I can see her, can't bear the thought of sleeping alone in our bed. Her dirty T-shirt still there from this morning. I have made an appointment...

Devastated for getting involved with married man [ 20 Answers ]

About 9 months ago I met a married man it started purely as Friends... As I am also married. I was going through a very hard time with my husband and asked him to move out. This man I thought was also in the same spot. He was so funny and I told myself it would stay as friends. One night we...

Why would this make me devastated? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been getting to know a lad for nearly a year now, and since around christmas I would say that it was slightly more serious, despite the fact we are not actually together! The other day we were talking about stuff, and he asked me the last time I had got in to anyone on a night out (jus...

View more questions Search