Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lebweb Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2009, 01:11 PM
    Under Floor Shower Leak
    HI Everybody
    Need An Effective Answer Can Lead Me To Stop Leak Under Floor In Shower Darain without break any tile or wall , I could per example enter Cautchouc tube in the placed tube already in the drain and to bypass the floor drain to main , cause the floor drain also has a small crack , or to fix other hardware made especially to this case ,

Thank you for fastest answer
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 16, 2009, 01:47 PM

Do you have access to the drain pipe from below? Is there a finished ceiling below this shower?

Jun 16, 2009, 01:55 PM
    Actually There Is a Closed Wall Under Shower , its Has Near A Drain With Broken Tube Too , There Is A Main Drain Nearer Too , is there any shower strainer connected to a tube can insert into old shower tube and fix it like normal strainer and to redirect this tube into first drain to the main through under ground tube , this is used as bypass all tubes the water it will run from shower directly to main drain , don't know f there is any ready hardware concerning this matter

Jun 16, 2009, 01:57 PM

If the shower is leaking into this closed area you will need to open it so you can dry it out and avoid mold.

Jun 16, 2009, 02:01 PM

Explain , what do you mean by avoid mold

When I need to open it the closed area I will change the drain at all but I'm searching a way without breaking wall and tile cause could not find same model
    Thank you

Jun 16, 2009, 03:37 PM

If you have a leak into a closed area within your house the framing and other materials of the house will mold. Fixing a leak is only part of the problem. The water has damaged the home and that must be fixed too.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 16, 2009, 04:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lebweb View Post
    Actually There Is a Closed Wall Under Shower , its Has Near A Drain With Broken Tube Too , There Is A Main Drain Nearer Too , is there any shower strainer connected to a tube can insert into old shower tube and fix it like normal strainer and to redirect this tube into first drain to the the main thru under ground tube , this is used as bypass all tubes the water it will run from shower directly to main drain , dont know f there is any ready hardware concerning this matter
    A drain with a broken pipe. Tell me more about this. What drain is it? I can't make much sense out of what you're asking. I think you're asking if the drain can be diverted to another branch. But how can we advise you when you've failed to give us even basic details. What type of shower? Custom tile? Manufactured base and enclosure? What? What material are the drainage pipes? Cast iron? Plastic? How do you know this is a drainage leak?
    Could it be splash from the shower stream? Don't make us guess. Help us out here. Tom

Jun 17, 2009, 08:32 AM

I See a small Fracture In The Pipe Coming From Shower To The Ground Drain , From This Fracture The Water Run Into under neighbor ceiling , the drain is from plastic , iwhen I say need to divert the water to main drain , I mean to insert a new water pipe into shower drain till floor drain and to continue until reach main drain with the hole in the floor drain , I ask if there is an ready hardware in this case

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leak through second floor tiled shower floor. [ 14 Answers ]

I work in construction and we've been having an odd problem. A few houses that have tiled shower floors on the second floor have had discoloration in the grout and holding moisture. Some homes have had the leaks come through the ceiling to the first floor. We thought that the weep holes were...

Shower leak on the 2nd floor [ 4 Answers ]

I have a tile shower on the second floor. I noticed some water stains around the light fixture below it on the first floor.I regrouted the bottom of the shower so there should be no leaks there. I ran a snake down the drain and it seems clear. I took down the light and it still leaks after taking a...

1st floor ceiling leak below 2nd floor shower [ 2 Answers ]

Our ceiling has developed a swelling or bubble in the ceiling and when touched-it literally fell apart and created a hole. It is dry to the touch but happens to be right in line with our 2nd floor master bedroom shower where the plumbing probably comes down. The shower has a plastic floor with a...

Leak from second floor shower [ 4 Answers ]

I've seen some posts on this subject but haven't been able to find a direct answer to my question so please excuse me if this information exists here already, but... I just moved into a new home and I have a leak coming form my second floor shower - a one piece fiberglass stall. Prior to...

Leak from first floor shower to outside foundation [ 5 Answers ]

I just bought a new house and have a leak that needs to be fixed. The leak is from the first floor stall shower. The house is on a slab and when I run the shower for a few minutes and walk outside to the exterior area by the shower, I see water running down the foundation. Since the house is on...

View more questions Search