Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PeeWee57 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2009, 07:52 AM
    Remove grout or not?
    I put snap together porcelain tile in my bathroom over a heated floor. With this tile I uses special flexible grout because it's a floating floor.
    When I bought the grout I was not going to use it for about a week. Asked the guy at Menards and he gave me a mixer (chrome)

Problem: When I mixed the grout the chrome came off and is in the grout. I did not see it untli it was too late.

Do I need to remove the grout? And if so how? Do you think the chrome pieces will work its way down into the heated floor wiring?

Menards says its my problem and I am afraid to do anything without advice. Bathroom been down for over a month...

Thanks
    PeeWee57
    timothy friel Posts: 29, Reputation: -2

Jun 16, 2009, 08:14 AM

NO, dontremove the grout, mix more grout and spread it over the existing and it should fix your problem and cover up the crome, at least try that first

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to remove stubborn grout from tile surface [ 15 Answers ]

Good Evening. I recently laid a really nice porcelain floor in my new basement washroom. In my haste, I did not fully clean the grout off the surface of the tiles, and had not had time to go back to it for several days. This tile is not smooth and the grout has managed to lodge itslef firmly...

How can I remove old, stained grout from my kitchen floor tile? [ 6 Answers ]

I am attempting to replace or clean old, stained kitchen floor tile grout. How can I easily remove the old grout?

Remove grout from shower drain [ 11 Answers ]

Hi. I recently put tile in my shower. I put it on the wall and on the floor. I took showers in there before it completely dried. So the grout went into the shower drain. Does anyone know how to take grout out of the drain?

Remove grout from a floor tile [ 7 Answers ]

Can I remove grout from a tile?

Remove grout from tile [ 1 Answers ]

How do you remove Laticrete grout from tiles, followed the instructions and it did not work, it is in all the littlegrooves of the tile, the tile is a course tile, so how do I get it out without damaging the tile? Please help. Thank you Jennifer

View more questions Search