Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashiiboo Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2009, 01:46 PM
    Tongue piercing
    OK so I pierced my tongue on the 5 of June witch makes thast 6day now and I just wanted to no when I can change the barbell shorter
    mugger Posts: 191, Reputation: 26

Jun 11, 2009, 02:16 PM

Everyone heals differently and piercings heal from the outside. I personally tell evrybody to wait at least a few weeks before changing the jewelry. The good thing about an oral piercing is that they are the fastest healers. Go back to your peircer in about a week if you aren't comfortable doing it yourself.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2009, 06:42 AM

For tongues it can take up to a few months to fully heal and even then the hole will close over very quickly.
    For the first change it is best to go back to your piercer with your bar of choice and make sure it is appropriate for the healing you have done as well as the size.
    Tongue rings are pretty hard to change the first time as the piercer will do it up very tight.
    A friend of mine had his tongue pierced for 2 years and he took it out one night because he had been drinking and the next morning he could not get the bar through.
    lovelyflowerful Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2009, 06:02 PM

They say 6 to 8 weeks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Belly Infection? /Tounge Piercing Info [ 13 Answers ]

I got my belly button peirced a month ago, and I was washing it well (provon lotion soap), and rinsing with salt water (h2ocean).But recently, A lot of puss has been coming out of it, and around the top my skin kind of sticks to it.. Its not too red though.. Is it infected? Also, for me to...

Tongue [ 2 Answers ]

I just got why tongue periced 4 days ago and I have an indent on the top of my tongue where the ball is is that normal?. and when can I change my ring?

Tongue Piercing? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I've recently wanted to get my tongue pierced bu I don't know what I'm doing is right. Any solutions are advice. Thanks xx

Tongue piercing delmemma [ 16 Answers ]

so my 16th birthday is coming up and my mom agreed to take me to get my Tongue pierced. I am getting it done this Thursday and Friday(the day after) I have school... will I be able to talk at all? ps.I know I spelled dilemma wrong =[

View more questions Search