Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scott_1976 Posts: 96, Reputation: 19

Jun 9, 2009, 08:07 PM
    Cycles destroying my life!
    I need some help! I go through horrible cycles, I will be doing good pretty happy, then this irritation sets in, I hate everything and everyone, then I blow up and usually end up yelling and screaming at someone or something, then I go into a deep dark depression, then it starts all over again! This has been horribly disruptive in my life and it makes it next to impossible to have any goals in my life. I have tried almost all the anti-depressants and anti anxiety drugs, I won't use mood stabilizers because of all the horrible side affects. All the psychologists covered by my insurance are not excepting new patients and I am starting to feel pretty hopeless! I have many unresolved issues from my past and I need to figure out how to deal with them, any ideas on some self help or cheap therapy?
    TheOreeoShow Posts: 78, Reputation: 2

Jun 9, 2009, 08:10 PM

Just RELAXE!! Take a day or two to relaxe and feel at ease But at the same time do try to get those psychologists you have been asking for...
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 9, 2009, 08:25 PM
    It sounds, from your post only, that you are suffering from Bipolar Disorder. Have you been diagnosed as such?

Finding the right med, or combination thereof, can be like finding a needle in a haystack. Different meds and different dosages work differently for different people. (did I use the word different too much?)

Talking about docs... Have you tried to look into your local university's psych program? They often offer free to sliding scale treatment.

Jun 9, 2009, 08:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    It sounds, from your post only, that you are suffering from Bipolar Disorder. Have you been diagnosed as such?

Finding the right med, or combination thereof, can be like finding a needle in a haystack. Different meds and different dosages work differently for different people. (did I use the word different too much?)

Talking about docs....Have you tried to look into your local university's psych program? They often offer free to sliding scale treatment.
    That I have not tried but thank you I will look into it!
    Expert

Jun 9, 2009, 08:35 PM
    Have you been diagnosed with bipolar? What meds have you tried?

Jun 9, 2009, 08:36 PM

Never diagnosed Bi-polar and never taken a mood stabilizer
    Expert

Jun 9, 2009, 08:38 PM
    Your descriptions of "cycles" fits bipolar disorder.

I didn't ask about mood stabilizers, but what anti-depressants have you tried?

Jun 9, 2009, 08:59 PM

Welbutrin, Paxil, Zoloft, Effexor, Pristiq, Lexapro, Prozac

Jun 9, 2009, 09:00 PM
    Anxiety:
    Klonopin, Xanex, Ativan, Valium

Jun 10, 2009, 07:01 AM

No longer use any drugs because I never knew what the effects would be! Ativan made me go nuts with rage and I have a whole weekend I can't remember!
    rxnarunner Posts: 99, Reputation: 6

Jun 11, 2009, 11:19 AM
    Lithium... when you find a doctor, mention it. Its an old drug, actually I think it's a mineral (sodium) to be exact. It's a mood stabilizer. Some doctors think its old school, others think its wonderful.

It can surprisingly work wonders with not too many side effects. You just have to get blood work done here and there to monitor the effects of your liver.

Just a thought and something to research.
    makapuu Posts: 304, Reputation: 63

Jun 12, 2009, 01:57 PM

Maybe you should try running. Have you ever heard the term, "Runner's High". Your body produces it's own feel good chemicals(endorphins) after a certain amount of time. I discovered this on my own when I accidentally ran a different running course and ran 4 miles instead of 3. I HATE running, but did it to lose weight (root of my depression) The 3 miles were a struggle. I remember when I was on the long course, somewhere around 3.5 miles I thought, "wow, I'm feeling pretty good." So from then on, I ran the longer course and I wait for those endorphins to kick in. Needless to say, I lost the weight, joined a running club, met a ton of friends and my life is happy now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sons father is destroying my life and loving it. [ 5 Answers ]

I have been lied about and harassed by my sons father ever since the day he had been born. I recently went through a tragic thing with my ex and my current boyfriend. It was a attempted murder suicide. This guy has created a web site and page degrading and causing more problems for me. He speaks as...

She's Destroying my Life [ 6 Answers ]

I don't know what to do... I need answers! I've been in a relationship for almost 8 years and I'm reaching my complete mind body and soul breaking point... We split for a while like 2 months maybe less and he was seeing this girl who is obsessed with him... well I found a message she sent to my...

I Am destroying my relationship [ 8 Answers ]

My wife and I are married 5 years. In the beginning, she adored me, and I her. But, as I become stressed with a lot of work, the realities of married life, my step-son's teenage difficulties, and new baby, I found that I snapped a lot at her, became angry at small matters. How can I go about...

Husbands addictions destroying our life [ 7 Answers ]

I would appreciate your advice on my problem. My husband & I have been married for 14 years and have 3 kids. The first few years of our marriage were very difficult as my husband had a cocaine & alcohol addiction & was unfaithful, using prostitutes when he was high. I’m not sure how I survived...

Life Cycles [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for life cycle diagrams for a butterfly frog and a germinating seed

View more questions Search