Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ironclad04 Posts: 193, Reputation: 8

Jun 8, 2009, 05:32 PM
    Too much?
    Neighborhood gullwing here!! ironclad04 needs advice from his loyal subjects!!
    Is is possible for me to get too many headaches from drinking soda?? If any? I drink a lot of coca cola, pepsi, and barqs rootbeer?? I'm on medication now for bloodpresser control I guess, and its not helping me?? What do I do??
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2009, 05:34 PM
    Well I would say yes. Some of them contain caffeine and I know from my own experiences that will give you headaches. If your mixing too much with medication maybe that's the cause to. Try cutting back. After a few weeks maybe they will pass.

Jun 8, 2009, 05:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 88sunflower View Post
    Well I would say yes. Some of them contain caffeine and I know from my own experiences that will give you headaches. If your mixing to much with medication maybe thats the cause to. Try cutting back. After a few weeks maybe they will pass.
    Well well miss sunflower! Thank you for the advice, and yes I do drink a lot of it, better than alcohol! But maybe I should try that for a couple weeks?? I mean they weren't normal, they would knock me out for days on in, real serious stuff, and all the doctor told me was YOUR FINE, LETS GET U MORE MEDS!! Frickin fruitcake! Lol well anyway, thank 88!
    rxnarunner Posts: 99, Reputation: 6

Jun 8, 2009, 05:40 PM
    Absolutely... between the sugar and caffeine its inevitable. Your sugar gets screwed up and you're more then likely dependent on the caffeine, so when you aren't drinking it, your withdrawing from it.

Also, you probably aren't drinking adequate amounts of water... your filling up with soda. Reality is you are dehydrating yourself, dehydration causes headaches
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2009, 05:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ironclad04 View Post
    Neigborhood gullwing here!!! ironclad04 needs advice from his loyal subjects!!!
    Is is possible for me to get too many headaches from drinking soda??? if any? i drink alot of coca cola, pepsi, and barqs rootbeer??? im on medication now for bloodpresser control i guess, and its not helping me??? What do i do???
    I've had this and to be honest I think this is quite simple, your getting dehydrated and need to drink more water day to day :) same as rxna stated

Jun 8, 2009, 05:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by albear View Post
    ive had this and to be honest i think this is quite simple, your getting dehydrated and need to drink more water day to day :) same as rxna stated
    Wow?? Makes sense! I don't get enough water so?? Would it help if I drank a couple days of water without soda and switch on and off? Or mix it up, because I like soda, no deniing it!! Anyway you guys gave great advice, ill have to try it! Thanks!
    rxnarunner Posts: 99, Reputation: 6

Jun 8, 2009, 05:55 PM
    I would definitely up your water... you should be drinking at least 64oz a day (minimum, in my book). Soda is horrible for you for many reasons. Would you be willing to limit it? Could you do a flavored water?

If you can't, I would wake up and make your first drink WATER. Then consciously drink that water during the day. I also think the caffeine and sugar has a part in your headaches as well. The soda gives you a sugar rush, once you come down from that the headaches begin
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2009, 05:55 PM

Well drink water daily doesn't have to be just water, if you like squash with it that's fine just

I tend to drink soft drinks in the morning and in the evening but throughout the day coke beer whatever :)

Jun 8, 2009, 08:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by albear View Post
    well drink water daily doesnt have to be just water, if you like squash with it thats fine just

i tend to drink soft drinks in the morning and in the evening but throughout the day coke beer whatever :)
    Well then I will have to limit my caffine intake, and drink more water!! Thanks guys!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search