Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fentanyl user Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2009, 03:39 PM
    Tapering off fentanyl
    I have been on 50mg fentanyl 1 every 48hrs, and want to taper off. Tried 25mg but started to withdrawl after 1 day. How am I supposed to do this.
    Megan2345 Posts: 239, Reputation: 8

Jun 7, 2009, 06:55 PM

Fentanyl Withdrawal

Here's an article I found. Sounds like you'll need help from a doctor.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2009, 07:04 PM
    Fen, I'm an addict ( in full recovery), and highly recommend talking to your doctor about "weening" you off the Fentanyl. Withdrawals are hard for the seasoned addict, and something you'll need help with to keep your sanity. Don't be scared though, It'll get easier after time. I'll pray for you , God bless you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 7, 2009, 07:08 PM

There are going to be withdrawals, so prepare for it. Don't do anything without working and doing it though your doctor
    fentanyl user Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2009, 10:46 AM
    Thanks for the tips guys & grateful for prayers. Insurance ran out so can't afford pain management anymore & doc didn't feel comfortable giving advice if I won't be coming in regularly. Im also cuting 50mcg in half which she said she wasn't comfortable with. Pharmasist said it was OK & really my only choice because I can't afford new batch of 25mcg. Just looking for timeline on how to taper or any advice on this matter because doc isn't working w/ me. By the way cuting in half does work with the kind I have (mylan).
    DiegoGirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2009, 06:21 PM
    Dear Fentanyl User, I was wondering if you had weaned off the drug, and how you were doing. I am currently on 100 mcg patch and wanting off! I have been on the patch for almost 6 months and just became aware at how potent this drug actually is. So if you wouldn't mind an update I would be very thankful. Hopefully not a too scary one. Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long to get off fentanyl? [ 36 Answers ]

Three years ago after a spinal fusion, because of chronic pain, my doctor put me on the fentanyl patch. It didn't last three days as advertised and I kept going into withdrawal so my doctor kept upping the dose.--25 to 50 to 75 mcg, which only made me swing wildly from feeling good to being in...

Fentanyl Patch Input needed [ 3 Answers ]

I was in a car accident and have had titanium put in my body to hold parts together. The pain was getting too much so the doctor put me on fentanyl patch 75. I took without asking questions and now 2 years later I realize you should always ask about medications as now I find if I don't put the...

Fentanyl - trying to get off [ 1 Answers ]

I have been on the fentanyl patch for about 3 - 4 months. I started using it for temporary back pain but have unfortunately acquired a dependency for it. I have been using small doses on NORCO to calm my withdrawals but I am wondering if there is an alternative. Also my withdrawals have not...

Tapering klonipon [ 7 Answers ]

Ive been on klonopin for about 6 months and was at 2mg a day. . 5 4 times a day. Then I went up to 3 mg. Is it easy to get back to that 2 mg dose without having a seizure. Ive only been on the 3 mg for about 2 weeks at the most. I don't like being on a higher dose than 2. Is it safe to just go...

View more questions Search