Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tajmahal Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2009, 11:10 AM
    Ticks
    Hi everyone,
    I need some help regarding the ticks from my german shepherd pup. I got him sprayed for ticks just a month ago but he is getting an attack of ticks. Let me know how I can get rid of them from my dog ?
    Megan2345 Posts: 239, Reputation: 8

Jun 7, 2009, 11:33 AM

You can use a flea and tick collar, or try frontline or other flea and tick products...
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2009, 01:23 AM

A lot of flea products also prevent ticks... they usually die very quickly after landing on the dog.
    I use advantage flea and tick control. It works for 1 month at a time.

If you do see a tick on your dog get a needle or pin and heat it up with a cigarette lighter until the end is very hot. Then stick the pin into the tick. 90% of the time this will make the tick back out of the dog and you can just pick it up.
    Never just pull a tick off as the head will still be attached to the dog and can cause infection.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Nine week old puppie with fleas and ticks [ 2 Answers ]

Is there anything that's natural I can use on her so she won't get fleas and ticks when she goes outside to potty? I have heard borax 20 mule team soap but is that wet or dry?

1999 Dodge 370,000 miles ticks when cold [ 1 Answers ]

1999 Dodge Intrepid 2.7 v-6 370,000 miles,yes 370,000 original miles,I was wondering if a lifter is going,but when it warms up it is fine,I thought if it was the lifters it would do it all the time.

Dryer ticks but won't start [ 1 Answers ]

My whirlpool electric dryer model LER7646AQ0 WHen I turn the timer it ticks the start button set and unsetts properly I have 220 to the dryer and I have tested continuity to the thermal swithes and the dryer still won't start. Any ideas?

Ticks in between toes... Any Idea's? [ 3 Answers ]

I have 2 dogs. A 2yr old Staffy X and a 6 month labrador X. I constantly have to pull litrally hundreds of ticks out from in between their toes and the bottom of their feet. Every time I do this it eally upsets me as I feel like I am not helping them to stop it from happening. I have tried Garlic...

Ticks [ 4 Answers ]

Im wondering what can be done about these pesky little ticks in my yard. Ive pulled them off my kids and myself and my dog. My kids are not too happy to go outside and play anymore and It's a shame for such a lovely yard to go to waste with no one playing in it.

View more questions Search