Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PatriciaTurner Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Jun 6, 2009, 02:45 PM
    Addicted To Sugar free Energy Drinks
    I drink about 5-6 energy drinks a day. Rip its, Full throttle, or Red Bull. I don't know why I'm drinking so many. They don't make me hyper(except for full throttle) but I don't like another other sugar free drink or water. I don't have trouble sleeping but I am extremely moody sometimes. I have lost 147 lbs since January of this year and I feel like it aids me somehow. Can this really be an addiction?
    Megan2345 Posts: 239, Reputation: 8

Jun 6, 2009, 03:11 PM

People get addicted to caffiene and seem to stick to one perticular soarce. I've seen Mountain Dew addictions, Coffee, Coke, it veries from person to person. I have heard of using caffeine to help lose weight too. Are you trying to stop drinking energy drinks?
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

Jun 6, 2009, 03:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriciaTurner View Post
    I drink about 5-6 energy drinks a day. Rip its, Full throttle, or Red Bull. I dont know why im drinking so many. They dont make me hyper(except for full throttle) but I dont like another other sugar free drink or water. I dont have trouble sleeping but I am extremely moody sometimes. I have lost 147 lbs since January of this year and I feel like it aids me somehow. Can this really be an addiction?
    You are forcing your body to use up energy at a very fast rate, also you are dehydrating yourself at the same time. How much water do you drink in a day? We need 90oz. A day for a healthy balance, but if you drink a pop/coffee/energy drink and so on, you need to drink more as those deydrate you.

It says on the can, 1-2 maximum is the most I've ever seen recommended on a can for daily use. More than that you are abusing your body like any other smoker/crack head/alcoholic/substance junky. People can get addicted to just about anything running, working out, swimming, fighting, adrenaline, music, pain, abuse even.

If you are drinking 5-6 of these a day you are way above the recommended dose, as there are medical ingredience in those drinks. I bet there is sugar too, just under a different name such as, Sucrose, fructose, glucrose, just to name a few. How are you eating, because if you are not eating healthy then your body is craving nutrients and you keep ginging it useless energy drinks, which helps to burn up more energy when your body just wants to keep energy. Storing energy is not storing fat, provided you eat properly. Eating properly is not about never eating tasty desserts and such but rather it's about getting an idea about how much callories you use in a day, and trying to build a diet around that consisting of these four persentages. Fat%, Protine%, Carbs%, and Fibe%. I'm not sure how you figure that out what you need but if you tell me more about yourself I can try to help you work through that.

You need to kick the Energy drinks kido, I used to be a welder and worked 12 hour days 6-7 days a week, so I drank two a day for about 5-6 months. When I tried to stop, I became weak and ill, sluggish, moody, and tired. Then a month or so went by and I stayed away from them, I felt much better. They are, as I tell most people, just like crack in a can.

I hope that helps, if you want more info, I've got some books you may be interested in, or at least some info.

Peace and kindness be with you.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2009, 05:23 PM

Energy drinks like those you mentioned are banned in some foreign countries due to the serious health problems they cause. I am shocked that you have not had a heart attack from drinking that many a day and for that long. You need to quit the consumption of the energy drinks while you still can. The sugar free (aspertame) is actually much worse for you as the aspertame is actually ant poison and you could end up having severe neorological problems such as seizures from the ingestion of the aspartame and high caffeine content of the energy drinks.
    PatriciaTurner Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Jun 14, 2009, 02:45 PM
    I guess it helps me to not care about food so much. It has worked for me. It doesn't make me sick and my BP is always low however.. if I drink a cup of coffee and then forget and drink an energy drink it makes my heart go crazy and causes me to have an anxiety attack of some kind. It is an expensive habit and I am going to reduce it to to a day and then stop.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2009, 03:41 PM

I was addicted to Pepsi. I changed my diet and I am no longer even desiring soda or caffeine.
    Basically I started using olive oil and sea salt. Cut out junk food, processed foods and started eating only home cooked meals.
    Then I started making a smoothie of 1 banana, pineapple juice, any berry juice or berries, coconut and some ice. You can use any fruits that you like though.

People think energy drinks are healthy but they aren't. Get off them as soon as possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Addicted to sugar but I'm diabetic [ 8 Answers ]

I know that this seems weird. But I'm a diabetic type 1 and I have been for one year. Beofre I was diagnosed I ate mass amounts of sugar each day. Since I became diabetic I cut down. For example I just ate 4 packs of tic tacs in ten minutes. My blood sugars are always high but I can't stop. I'm...

Energy Drinks [ 19 Answers ]

I honestly believe that my boyfriend is addicted to energy drinks. Could this have a negative effect on his heart?

Addicted to energy drinks [ 12 Answers ]

Well.. I can't go one day without at least one can of energy drink, I fell happier when I drink one, it doesn't get me hyper or anything. Just why am I addicted to it? Also; is it bad for my health? If it helps I'm 15, 16 in April

Energy drinks [ 7 Answers ]

Energy drinks. Hi I went to trader joes the other day and was looking for Propel the energy drink, or at least that's what I call it. The clerk said I was better off drinking red bull for a good energy replacement. He said that the Propel has synthetic chemicals in it that aren't good for me. Any...

View more questions Search