Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skydive4life Posts: 84, Reputation: 6

Jun 6, 2009, 06:57 AM
    Drum Set Any Suggestions
    I've been playing for about 3 months now and its about that time that I moved up and got my own set instead of renting. I have a range of 800 - 1000 dollars to spend on a drum kit. Any idea of a decent set I can get?
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2009, 07:04 AM
    Your money will go a lot further if you get a slightly used set. Try your local classified ads, Ebay, etc. Or here :

Musician's Friend | Your Online Music Instrument & Pro Audio Store | Best Prices, Great Service

Scratch and dent sales are great too. Stick with the better brands like Yamaha, Slingerland, Tama Gretsch, Ludwig... Good luck and "stick" with it.
    KintaBoB Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2009, 06:12 PM
    I picked up a brand new 5pc yamaha kit for 500GBP from a place in the Uk Called Soundcontrol you would have to Google the name there is also another company in the uk called Birminghamdrumcentre Google that one to I think they ship Worldwide;)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2009, 03:27 PM

Hi, skydive4life!

I agree that your money will go further if you do get a used set.

Here are the links to a couple of searches that you might want to click on to see what is out there.

Drum Set For Sale craigslist - Google Search

Used Drum Set For Sale - Google Search

Thanks!
    cam_14 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2009, 11:42 AM

I have the perfect kit for you. This is the one that I own. It is the Tama Imperial Star drum kit. It consists of meinl hardware(which is solid and durable) and is a great kit to build onto. This is the best man being honest and it altogether ranges on musicians friend from 700 to 800.00. With the remaining money I would suggest remo or evans drum heads. If you want to see my kit, look me up on myspace. My email is [email protected].

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oil drum bbq [ 4 Answers ]

I got lots of empty oil drum, I want to make bbq grills out of them looking for some good designs?

Flash Drum Or Knock out Drum [ 2 Answers ]

What is Flash Drum Or Knock out Drum In chemical engineering?

Design of a vapor-liquid separator (or flash drum, or knockout drum) [ 2 Answers ]

A vapor-liquid separator drum is a vertical vessel into which a liquid and vapor mixture (or a flashing liquid) is fed and wherein the liquid is separated by gravity, falls to the bottom of the vessel, and is withdrawn. The vapor travels upward at a design velocity which minimizes the entrainment...

Oil Drum BBQ [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Are there any plans available on the net... free of charge? I too am interested in creating an oil drum bbq as well as an oil drum smoker. My impression of a smoker would have it on the vertical with sections cut out of the side. One at the bottom for the fire/smoke and a larger one above to...

Head in a drum! [ 1 Answers ]

I feel like my head is in a drum, I can't even hear out of my left ear and I feel like my equlibrum is off. This all started after swimming. Any subjestions how to get the water out of my ear?

View more questions Search