Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    noahsdaddy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2009, 11:56 PM
    violation probation
    I have a violation over my head for 8yrs now I was recently arrested booked fingerprinted and had a court date for another charge in different state. When I went to court my public defender mentioned the outstanding warrant to me but neither judge or prosecutor said a word. I was given community service fine and a conditional discharge and that time is up. So now my record in new state is clean. Why did no 1 mention my VOP in court or at police station. New charge was in NYC VOP in NJ so they close I thought I was caught. Am I just lucky or did no one including jersey care about this? Cause I am sure not everyone missed this warrant. If this came up would the clerk not have mentioned it to judge if my lawyer had it I'm a l'll confused is jersey waiting for me to go back to nj wich I never plan to to find me
    felonouschick Posts: 33, Reputation: 1
    -

Jun 14, 2009, 01:14 PM

I have had warrants (more than one) from the next CITY over and the courts never caught them. They always seem to pop up sooner or later at very inconvenient times. I would put a call in to the court that the warrant is out of and see if it can be cleared up. Depending on what level of offense it is, your might just need to pay a fine. It doesn't sound like it would be too big, the big ones rarley slip through the cracks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Violation of traffic Probation while on unsupervised crimal probation [ 1 Answers ]

My husband was sentenced 3 yrs unsupervised probation for 2nd degree assault. He already had a case pending for traffic. He hit a car bumper. Was sentenced to supervised probation and to pay fines for damages of 1,000 dollars. We haven't paid the fine yet, we will at tax time we just haven't had...

Possible probation violation [ 1 Answers ]

Is it a probation violation to establish residency in another state without first having your probation transferred?

Violation of probation [ 1 Answers ]

When your arrested for violation of probation is their a time limit to see the judge.

Probation violation [ 6 Answers ]

I was recently placed on probation for 12 months. For DUI first offense and 6 months revocation of driver licence. I believed I had 10 days from the verdict of guilt to obtain a hardhsip licence. I was wrong because a few hours after court I was pulled over and charged with driving under suspended...

Probation violation [ 1 Answers ]

Say a probation officer wants info about people you know... do they have any right to share information about why he/she is on probation? Would that be a violation?

View more questions Search