Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daddysgirl08270 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2009, 06:02 PM
    I need a job
    Hello, my name is Jeanette I would like a summer job/or weekend job. I am willing to do anything you need help with from baby sitting to cleaning, you name it. I am 12years old and have had honer roll all 3 marking periods (not finished 4th) and I would love it if I could get a job. Thank you very much : )

Sincerely,
    Jeanette

**** please for your safety do not post any phone numbers, email address or mailing addressed

Your phone number has been deleted
    andrewc24301 Posts: 374, Reputation: 29

Jun 3, 2009, 06:47 PM

Hi:

I don't think that you will have much luck with that kind of a posting on this website. This isn't a classifieds site. That said, your age may be an issue. I can't think of any employers outside of farms that would hire a 12 year old. In my state, I don't think a 12 year old can stay at home alone, so babysitting would obviously be off the table.

At your age, I would recommend taking a walk down the street (with your parents) and speaking with some nice neighbors about some handy work they might want done, like weeding a garden, mowing, light house cleaning, for some extra change. I know when I was your age, I used to water our landlords cows every morning for 50 cents. Me and my cousins used to go around in the summer time and mow small yards for people too. Didn't pay a lot (like $5 per yard which came out to about $2 per hour) but it got us the soda's and candy bars we desired.

PS: You should edit your phone number out of this thread before you get a lot of creeps calling your house...
    SailorMark Posts: 48, Reputation: 7

Jun 3, 2009, 07:24 PM

At your age, there is a lot more you can do than you would think. I have been working non-stop since I was 12 and I was able to pay cash for a really sweet car the day I turned 16. I delivered newspapers early in the morning, washed dishes in a relatives restaurant most summers, gardened for elderly people who loved their gardens but no longer had the physical ability to get down on their knees and pull weeds. This last one paid off well as a couple of them helped me financially with college as they had no children. Good luck and don't ever sell yourself short!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search