Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kimmfam Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2009, 02:22 PM
    What to do about a harassing neighbor
    I can not do anything to my property with out her giving me problems. When I put up a fence she called the building inspector on me, [which I have permits] he then told her that I am within my rights,and with in the law. Next I built a garage, again had permits, she tries to find faults,but again building inspector told her I was within law. Next time I redo my driveway,she again starts problems, again I am within the law. Everything I do is on my property,and within the guidelines I call the police to complain they say its civil take them to court. How do I go about this? This has been going on now for Two plus Years.
    Jontime Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2009, 03:21 PM
    Continue building your case with all your records on everything that happened so far. Keep all your paper work in order and search for a good lawyer to guide you trough this. Most law firms have free initial consultations,so try and take advantage of that. Most of all, try to stay cool because as far as I can see you are on the best side of this problem.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 3, 2009, 03:39 PM

She may be a real pain in the next but you must show damages if you hope to get anything in court.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2009, 03:54 PM

She may just want your attention. Talk to her. Tell her how you feel about life. Express your frustrations about stuff that isn't about her or your improvements. Let her vent about things that are bothering her without offering a solution. Just listen.

This is, "off the wall" and may not help in your situation. It won't hurt though, not one bit.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2009, 05:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    She may be a real pain in the next but you must show damages if you hope to get anything in court.

Out of greenies but I agree. What are your damages? You can only sue for a dollar amount and must explain how you came to that dollar amount.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2009, 05:06 PM

So far, it sounds like she hasn't really done anything wrong. You won't win a lawsuit because someone is annoying you.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2009, 05:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jontime View Post
    Continue building your case with all your records on everything that happened so far. Keep all your paper work in order and search for a good lawyer to guide you trough this. most law firms have free initial consultations,so try and take advantage of that. Most of all, try to stay cool because as far as I can see you are on the best side of this problem.

What do you see her damages to be?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to do about a harassing neighbor [ 1 Answers ]

Can I take them to court and sue for harassment

I have a neighbor that is harassing me [ 7 Answers ]

I have neighbor who is harassing me about my dogs. He really trying to distract his wife from the fact that he is having an affair with the women on th other side of him. So he daily tells his wife took keep an eye on me because of the dogs. He has lied to police on a number of occasions and I...

Harassing neighbor threatening us? [ 14 Answers ]

Of first of all our neighbor lives 2 doors down from us, they have lived here for 2 yrs. When they moved in I became friends w/ his wife, our kids played together, they became best friends, the husband is frequently out of town for weeks at a time on bussines, until recently past few months he has...

Harassing Neighbor [ 8 Answers ]

I have a friend named Mae and Jasper who live in Capitol Heights, MD. They have a neighbor who lives next door to them who has been calling the police, ambulance, fire department or whoever on them for the past 18 months. They have been down to the courts but no one is helping them. The court...

Harassing Neighbor [ 12 Answers ]

We moved into our house 7 months ago and our neighbor has called several times to complain about various things. The latest phone call was in regards to my husband smoking a brisket for MY birthday party! She claims that the smoke hovers in her back yard and she and her husband are not able to...

View more questions Search