Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kennethwhorl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2009, 07:03 PM
    Emergency custody hearing what to expect
    I have filed for an emergency custody hearing tomorrow and I am trying to see what to expect how in depth are they going to go? Is it pretty cut and dry? Please help I'm going in blind and need some info. AND FAST
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2009, 03:32 PM

Are you trying to prove negligence/ abuse or what?

How much proof do you have?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2009, 05:01 PM

The reasons you are moving for emergency custody will be thoroughly questioned and possibly investigated. That's the same all over. If you are trying to get sole custody or custody away from someone else, you have to prove they are a danger to the child.

Yes, it's pretty clear cut what will happen. The important thing is be sincere and have proof, stay on topic - wandering off topic is not going to help your case.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 4, 2009, 05:38 PM

Its very hard to answer your question without knowing the reason behind the emergency hearing.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 4, 2009, 05:52 PM

First they don't really "dig" at all, the merely sit there and let you and the other side present your case. So you or your attorney should have all the proof ( in format that is approved and acceptable by the court) to prove your case.
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

Jun 5, 2009, 01:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kennethwhorl View Post
    I have filed for an emergency custody hearing tomorrow and i am trying to see what to expect how in depth are they going to go? is it pretty cut and dry? please help im going in blind and need some info. AND FAST
    I'm can not tell you how deep they will go. And I have no idea if it is "cut and dry". As for going in blind, talk to your counsel, if you do not have councel try to find out if you have a Lawline, a phone line where you can get legal advice, or if there is Duty councel available for you at the court. Duty councel is just a lawyer who you talk to before the trial to give you a firm idea what you want to do, and how you may want to proceed. If you do not have councel and have time, which I don't think you do as it is an emergency custody hearing, you may consider trying for Legal aid. They are lawyers that help people who are unable to afford representation, but there are a lot of rules and such for that. You'd have to look into that where you are to see what they're acceptance porcess is.

Dress nice, clean, and respectabley. Refrain from hats, gum, inappropriate clothing and such. Try not to fidget, or mumble. Speak in a clear, concise manner.

I advise you to talk to your lawyer about your case, if you do not have one, look in to those other options I listed above. I apologise in advance if none of that is available where you live, for this is the legal system where I live. Canada, B.C. Nonetheless look into your options.

Good luck and Peace and kindness be with you.

P.S. "please help im going in blind and need some info."-OP That seemed pretty general so I gave general info to help out as best I could.
    aprilskids Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jun 5, 2009, 01:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestorian View Post
    I'm can not tell you how deep they will go. And i have no idea if it is "cut and dry". As for going in blind, talk to your counsel, if you do not have councel try to find out if you have a Lawline, a phone line where you can get legal advice, or if there is Duty councel available for you at the court. Duty councel is just a lawyer who you talk to before the trial to give you a firm idea what you want to do, and how you may want to proceed. If you do not have councel and have time, which i don't think you do as it is an emergency custody hearing, you may consider trying for Legal aid. They are lawyers that help people who are unable to afford representation, but there are a lot of rules and such for that. You'd have to look into that where you are to see what they're acceptance porcess is.

Dress nice, clean, and respectabley. Refrain from hats, gum, inappropriate clothing and such. Try not to fidget, or mumble. Speak in a clear, concise manner.

I advise you to talk to your lawyer about your case, if you do not have one, look in to those other options I listed above. I apologise in advance if none of that is available where you live, for this is the legal system where I live. Canada, B.C. Nonetheless look into your options.

Good luck and Peace and kindness be with you.

P.S. "please help im going in blind and need some info."-OP That seemed pretty general so I gave general info to help out as best i could.
    If your ex has an attorney they are going to bring up anything they can to make you look bad so be ready and don't run on in your answering questions and don't answer a question with a question that makes the judge upset because the lawyers ask the questions and you answer them,they are mostly yes or no questions with no room to explain anything so answer wisely

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where to find emergency custody hearing forms? Arkansas [ 1 Answers ]

Where to find emergency custody hearing forms? Arkansas

Emergency custody hearing? [ 1 Answers ]

I was in a shelter for a month because of abuse and my husband has taken my child that was in the hospital for 3 months. My mother moved us out of the county before my child was released, divorce has been filed but the hearing is not until 2009. I cannot pay for an attorney. Is there a Texas...

I need to ask the court for an Emergency Hearing [ 4 Answers ]

I live in Clark county, Las Vegas, NV I need to ask the court for an emergency hearing. On their web page the only "forms" I can find are: Ex Parte Motion for an Order Shortening Time I have the Motion to Modify Child Custody, Vidsitaiton and Support completed and it is my understanding...

Emergency hearing [ 2 Answers ]

I am a divorced and the primary custodial. Non custodial is in contempt of several actions. Example: non-custodial not respecting the children's rights and getting the children involved in issues and bad mouthing the custodial parent. How can I get an emergency Hearing?

View more questions Search