Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mzlady2323 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2009, 11:56 AM
    Why is this happening
    Can someone please help me I been going with this guy for a year and he ask me to marry him and today he told me that he heard from his girls mother and want to get back together with him and he told me today that he still have feeling for her and he don't want to loose me and my son. She told him if he got back with her that her mother would give them back to kids once they found a place together. CPS had took the kids and also terminated both of there rights can the grandmother say that can she took that. What can I do about this relationship and he had brought us a ring and he talking like the want to stay with me and yes we being having problems lately but what couple don't have problem can someone help me I really love this guy and he been real good with my son been there like his daddy since his real daddy don't have anything to do with him.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jun 1, 2009, 12:12 PM

Think long and hard about this.

Do you want to involve yourself and your son in a mess like this one? You will be dealing with this "drama" for the rest of your lives together since he's already a father.

Why were his rights taken away? He may not be prepared to be a father to his own children, or your son.

Only CPS and a judge can determine parental rights and custody. The grandmother can't just say she'll return the children without having permission from a judge. If she does it without the courts knowledge, she could be in trouble herself.

Good luck to you and your son. I can see you're in a very sticky situation.
    Mzlady2323 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2009, 12:18 PM

Thank you so much because I told him he can do like he do his other sons go and pick them up and spend time with them. He had went to jail and now he done got his life together working and trying to better his self and go to school I guess now his ex see him doing all this she want him back now. I get what you saying about involved my son is this.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jun 1, 2009, 02:12 PM

You have to know that he has a lot of baggage.

It's fine that you care about his so much, but sometimes, he might not be right for you.
    rxnarunner Posts: 99, Reputation: 6

Jun 1, 2009, 05:24 PM
    I think there is way too much drama. I would reconsider the engagement and your future you think you have with him.

You will always be wondering if he's with her when he's not with you or regrets being with you.

I think it's a lot to take on and would really think long and hard about marrying him
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2009, 05:26 PM
    If he is even considering going back to his ex - no matter what the reason - then he is not fully committed to you. Give him time to sort out his issues before you even consider marrying him.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 2, 2009, 09:11 PM

You don't marry a guy with so many problems from his past, that he has to deal with. Give him the time, and space to do what he has to.

You ask why this is happening? Because your with a guy who has made mistakes, and needs to correct them, before he can move on, and be happy with you.

This will not happen over night.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's happening to me? [ 8 Answers ]

I am 14 year old girl, and it seems as if my life is messed up and empty too. Well I better begin with the beginning, so, last year in summer it was massive time and now during the winter etc. everything is sad but that's not the point. I couldn't let go of my past; my childhood, and also last...

What's happening to my car? [ 3 Answers ]

I was driving car it showed no signs of overheating. The radiator popped. Towed the car home. Replaced radiator, replaced fans and the power steering hose(when the radiator popped the fan became loose and piece of fan broke off and sliced the hose). The car was already losing compression and...

Why is this happening [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there! I'm 4 months pregnant and have been having runny brownish discharge and having pressure oushing on my vagina all the time, I feel like my cervix is going to burst open. I have a urine infection anyway but can anyone shed any light on this. Had a miscarriage last year so very worried!!...

View more questions Search