Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BrokenWhirlpool Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2009, 04:34 PM
    How can I tell if my Whirlpool Duet Dryer "user interface" is fried?
    I need help diagnosing and/or confirming the problem with my Whirlpool Duet dryer (model GGW9200LW2) and would appreciate your advice. The light comes on when you open the dryer door (indicating power to the unit), but the electronic control system doesn't show anything - no error codes, nothing, no matter what buttons I press - its dead.

I think there was a power surge at my house, and it fried the "user interface" also known as the electronic control system. The reason I think this is that one outlet serves the washing machine, dryer and an automatic sprinkler controller, and now both the dryer and controller do not work (the controller has the same issue - no read-out on display, and the fuse is not blown). The washing machine works fine, and I've tested each oulet and they work fine.

Does this diagnosis make sense? I've fixed appliances before, but the part is $200 and I'd like to get some feedback before I order/replace the part. Anything else it could be? Thanks for your help-
    Dombest Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2010, 09:30 AM
    I have the same problem that you described but can't see to find much info on it from the web. I'd like to ask how you made out with this problem (dryer interface), and what was damaged and anything else you'd care to share. Thanks !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool Dryer "Intermittent heat [ 6 Answers ]

Whirlpool gas dryer model GGQ8858HQI. Heat will not come on intermittantly although cycle runs normally. Sensor pad (part 3976479) fell out some time ago. This part looks like it should have electrical connectors plugged into it although I took the back off the machine and could not see any loose...

Furnace blower stuck "on",capacitor fried! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Coleman home furnace with a white-rodgers circuit board,model 50a50-241.On occasion the blower would not turn off with the t-stat.I would lighly hit the side of the furnace and the blower would go off.Now the blower was stuck on and I found the start capacitor burnt badly and the circuit...

Unlocking "Control Lock" on Whirlpool Duet [ 1 Answers ]

How do I turn off the "Control Lock" on a whirlpool Duet Washing machine?

Whirlpool duet dryer [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Whirlpool Duet dryer model #GEW9200LW0 IT WONT START! The controls light up but all it does is beep when I press and hold the start button. I have tried. Made sure the door was closed.. lol;) Unplugging and plugging back in Locking and unlocking the controls Checked the...

Whirlpool Dryer - itermittent "fluff dry" cycle stops [ 4 Answers ]

Our Whirlpool dryer has a cycle for intermittent dry or fluff cycle... it seems that it runs fine, then when it shuts down at the intermittent of fluff cycle it will not turn back on again, any thoughts? Kirk

View more questions Search