Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    XxXxJeSxXxX Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2009, 07:56 AM
    What do I do?
    OK so I'm 17 and going into my Senior of High school and I have never had a real boyfriend is there something wrong with me? I mean I think I'm OK looking and all and I am a little bit on the heavyside (is that the problem), but seriously I've went through all of school never being kissed, asked out , or even been told I love I'ou by a guy. And I am a really cool person. Some of my friends say it's because I'm such a strong willed person that guys like to be the ones in charge but I don't know about that Its really rather depressing. So please help.:/
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

May 30, 2009, 08:01 AM

It's not something to be depressed about. It just means the right guy didn't come along yet. There's no reason to rush. When the right guy comes along, it will be more special.

Just keep talking to more people and getting to know more people.
    tropiko Posts: 11, Reputation: -2

May 30, 2009, 02:56 PM
    Welcome to club!
    (I'm not fat, but I don't have gf)
    I just want to tell you that life of everyone of us
    Is not balanced, some girls are more respected than others, some are hated...
    Same for me, no girls said anything serious to me
    And... well I am younger about... well I'm younger
    But don't be depressed, if you don't get anyone to you 30 s you
    Can come to Serbia ;), nobody has girlfriend or boyfriend here... heheheheheheh

No, really just be cool and you will get a person to talk, then look at my question and there are answers ;)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2009, 11:10 AM

Be yourself and one day you will meet the right guy and be glad you waited.
    Too much pressure is on kids that something is wrong if they haven't had a boyfriend by the time they turn 14 or 15 but there really is absolutely nothing wrong with it.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2009, 11:20 AM

Oh honey, don't worrie about it. I am VERY overweight, and did not meet my husband until I was 22. It takes time. But when you find that special guy who loves you for YOU, it won't matter how old you are. :)

And yes, its possible for a man to love a bigger girl. My husband LOVES my curves. In fact he says if I were to lose weight he may not be attracted to me anymore (dont worrie, he says he would still love me :P )
    Emma-Louise Posts: 28, Reputation: 15

Jul 11, 2009, 11:34 AM

Concentrate on your school work and your career and be a good friend to your mates and worry about if it's going to rain tomorrow etc etc - In other words not having a boyfriend is nothing to worry about.

I had many boyfriends from the ages of 14-17 and OK so you get your first kiss etc but also a lot of heartache and tears over silly boys I thought I loved (you have no idea about love at that age. (I was 17 before I became involved in a serious relationship)

I then at the age of 17 got involved with a guy who treat me badly for 11 years. But he came along and swept me off my feet - 10 years older the interest was great for my ego knowing an older guy wanted me.

Moral of the story - take the time without boys to learn what it is you are looking for. Instead of waiting around for the guys to come flocking to you get it in your mind now what it is you want from a guy and make sure that is what you get. Do not take second best and respect yourself.

It is when you get boyfriends the worrying starts! (joke)
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2009, 11:35 AM

Work on what's on the inside first. Really, you don't want someone that's only attracted to your outside. It will happen. You're 17 so you've got MANY years ahead of you to worry about all the troubles that come with dating!

Confidence is the most attractive attribute. Love yourself and work with whatcha got! ;)
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2009, 10:57 AM
    There is no reason for you to be depressed about this. I understand the way you feel, but like someone else has already mentioned; you just haven't met the right person yet.

But that is not to say that that person won't come.

Keep doing what you do, be you, be fab, be great and concentrate on school, friends, hobbies etc.

I also agree with Nohelp4u... I do believe there are way to many pressures for teens to day and that they are told to want certain things and experience certain things...

It'll all work out in the end...

Oh and as for overweight... after HS and as you enter the golden age of the 20s the things that matter in HS doesn't really apply anymore (LOL Thank goodness for that ;))
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 12, 2009, 02:09 PM

I suspect once you broaden your horizons in the real world after high school, you'll meet a MAN, who can share your happiness with. Hard for boys who are not yet ready for a real strong female, to appreciate you.

Hang in there, it will be worth it. You may be beyond the boys, as far as maturity, for now.

Its obvious your standards are high, as anybody just won't do for just kissing, and fooling around. That says something very good about you too.

Don't change please, your absolutely okay in my book!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search