Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spanky third Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2009, 08:37 PM
    How can I stop sweating wall in mobile home
    Hello from spanky third, I am cleaning a doublewide mobile home that my tenants left pretty dirty. I noticed that the walls and even over the doorways are sweating pretty bad. I do not have any vents on the roof and the ones around the roof eaves are fake. The area that is sweating is the living room & kitchen/dining room. Both have the high cathedral ceilings with probably no attic space. One bedroom has the same high ceilings but there is no sweating. Wonder why certain rooms are sweating? If I put vents on the roof it seems that only the rooms with the low ceilings will benefit because they do have more attic space. Please provide your helpful suggestions as to what might be causing this and what I can do to correct the problem. Thanks spanky third
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2009, 10:37 PM

Depending on your Geo the insulation may be inadequate. And nothing can stop that short of re insulating. A roof vent will help and also a vapor barrier paint.

Mobile homes are tough in this area. Some are impossible short of tearing off a roof and walls.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Conversion of mobile home to single family home [ 5 Answers ]

In 1995, we bought some land & moved a salvaged mobile home on it. The mobile wasn't permanent meaning we only needed to live in it until we could build our house. We first added onto the mobile a 12x60 section. We then began to tear down the mobile home & eventually added a front section. The...

Garden Tub Faucet - Home of Legend mobile home [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My sister has a leaky garden tub faucet. We can't determine how to access under the faucet. There is no access door. A closet is behind the faucet. When we remove the wallboard, we find the distance from the opening to the faucet too far away to access. Can you help? Thanks, Mary

Stop sweating [ 1 Answers ]

I sweat profously and stink really bad. I'm really embarrases because I have a boyfriend and can't even hug him because I feel I stink. Even if I take a shower two or three times a day doenst work. I don't wear deodorant because it stings really bad. I only use a strong baby powder and it doesn't...

Electrical wall heater in single wide mobile home [ 2 Answers ]

One of the single wide mobile homes in the park I supervise has an electrical wall heater and the elctrical bills have been astronomical, due probably to the poor insulation. Another reason, I guess, could be the age of the heater. The HVAC people that work for us told us that there is no...

Replacing an electrical wall heater in single wide mobile home to Gas Heat [ 1 Answers ]

One of the single wide mobile homes in the park I supervise has an electrical wall heater and the elctrical bills have been astronomical, due probably to the poor insulation. Another reason, I guess, could be the age of the heater. The HVAC people that work for us told us that there is no...

View more questions Search