Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tica4life Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2009, 10:23 AM
    Tone my body
    How can I tone my legs, butt and stomach?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 25, 2009, 11:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tica4life View Post
    how can i tone my legs, butt and stomach?

Walking always works for me, but when I say walking, I mean power walking, an hour a day.

Tick
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 25, 2009, 11:48 AM

Yep, walking like tickle said... cycling, swimming, squats, lunges, pilates, yoga, dancing... there are a number of activities you could do and it can help to do a variety. The key is to actually do them and keep at it on a regular basis... :)
    dudevill Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

May 25, 2009, 11:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tica4life View Post
    how can i tone my legs, butt and stomach?
    It depends on how much effort you want to put into this. If you don't have acces to machines you can;
    Jog daily, it helps to burn fat that's built up around your muscles and can tone out your abs better.
    Do core work outs. Sit ups, planks, leg lifts, medicine ball, and crunches.
    Drink protein shakes every morning and after you workout, it helps a lot.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 25, 2009, 01:04 PM

I always do activities that don't cost anything, therefore, power walking, jogging as dudevill mentioned. However, you would have to sign up and pay for yoga, pilates, both activities are not safe to do by copying a TV programme. Pilates is core activity and one has to be quite supple with youth on the side in order succeed in this exercise. I didn't enjoy crawling around on my toes and my fingernails, LOL. And through many years of trying just about every exercise there is in the book, including Suzanne Sommers thighmaster (which is really quite good and still in use), I am pretty sure power walking and jogging keeps me fit with a good pair of trainers which last a long long time.

Plus (and this is something few people don't think about) is doing these activities in the sunshine, developing Vit. D in your body to aid healthy bones, is a definite attribute for me !

Tick, in shape at 67

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tips on how to tone your body [ 2 Answers ]

Well this is my status in body wise. Im actually inm good shape, not too fat not too skinny just in the middle but I want to start toning my muscles like enhacing the definition of my muscles kind of like bruce lees body. I don't have much too work with since I live far from a gym and all I got to...

Achieving even tone on acne-prone, oily face and body area [ 5 Answers ]

I have lots of dark spots on my face, due to hyperpigmentation left from acne. I also have tiny widespread, dark spots along my right arm, breasts, and back due to a rash caused by an allergic reaction. In addition to all of that, I also have a ton of dark spots on my lower legs, and dark elbows...

Tone body [ 1 Answers ]

How can I get a toned body and abs without changing my diet

View more questions Search