Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KateBell88 Posts: 51, Reputation: 8

May 23, 2009, 09:38 PM
    Milk alternatives
    Hi

I live on my own and my milk always seems to go off before I can finish it and I have to get more.

I have tried Coffee-mate but it still tastes powdery in hot drinks. When I can, I buy coffee or hot chocolate powder that you just have to add hot water and they taste really good - where can I get the whitener they use in those drinks? :confused:

Cheers :)
    BIGBOPPER Posts: 351, Reputation: 28

May 24, 2009, 12:10 AM

Hi, as far as the milk goes, maybe your grocer or a local convenience store carries milk in smaller quantities, for example a pint, or quart. That way you use more of the milk, before it goes bad. Another alternative is powdered milk. You mix it with water. Trying any health food alternatives might not go well, since soy almond and rice milk do not have the same taste or consistency. A trick I learned with powdered milk, is if you like to eat oatmeal with milk at work, empty the oatmeal packet into a zip lock bag, and add the appropriate amount of powdered milk. When you get to work, pour the contents into a bowl, add hot water and enjoy!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using whole milk instead of evaporated milk [ 2 Answers ]

I have a recipe for squash cassarole that calls for 2/3 cup of evaporated milk, but I only have whole milk. Can this be an even exchange?

Alternatives to Bankruptcy? [ 4 Answers ]

I have over $100k in revolving debt (between my wife & I), and yes, we are considering filing bankruptcy. I would rather try and work something out w/ my creditors, like settling for less than amt owed, or having them reduce their rediculously high interest rates or fees but they don't seem to...

Alternatives to sex? [ 7 Answers ]

Since I can't seem to win my boyfriend over in bed, is there anyway I can bring my libido down... I've tried "doing it myself" but that just puts me in the mood even more, and with me being pregnant my hormones are driving me bonkers. There is absolutely no way I can change his mind so is there...

BK Alternatives [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am at a point where I have to file BK. What if I do not file BK and let the creditors sue me? What happens in order? Do I have to show up at court each time I get sued? I have no problem if they enter a judgement against me. I live in California. Thanks for your detailed explanations ...

Which milk rottens faster soy milk or cow milk and why [ 1 Answers ]

Which milk rottens faster soy milk or cow milk and why?

View more questions Search