Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pipkin1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2009, 09:00 PM
    Mortgage Foreclosure
    My friend would like to know if he contiue to pay his first Mortgage and not his second ,
    Can the they close on his house?
    KateBell88 Posts: 51, Reputation: 8

May 23, 2009, 09:50 PM

He needs to check with the bank he's with. Banks don't like to foreclose on people because they don't always get all the money back, sometimes you can organise a deal with the bank that they will extend the time for the loan from say 30 to 35years meaning that your payments are smaller.
    Or they may let him just pay off the interest on both houses and not the premium as well.

If he can't afford the house he should sell or work out something so that he can afford to keep it. If it doesn't look like he can than he can't just pretend its going to get better on its own.

Good luck to your friend :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mortgage foreclosure, does lender have to mitigate their losses? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a friend who is going to be appearing PRO SE at her own foreclosure hearing. She told me that PRIOR to going into default on her mortgage payments, she attempted several times to contact the lender, the lender said they are not prepared to talk to her until she was at least 3 months into...

36 hours before I close mortgage company refuses to give mortgage? [ 5 Answers ]

I secured a deal for a home with the owner and got a signed contract a month ago. For sale by owner deal. Secured financing at 95%, with 5 % down. Did financing through a broker, and got a locked in deal with countrywide over 3 weeks ago. All is well, appraised for 100K over what I have...

Mortgage / foreclosure [ 2 Answers ]

If my house is leaning towards a foreclosure (3 months behind in payments) can I put the house on the open market?

Foreclosure on mortgage [ 2 Answers ]

My Mother has sold her House, and carried the mortgage Herself. I have Power of attorney over Her, and She is now unable to handle her Finances. The mortgage payment is over a month overdue. I sent the buyer A certified letter,letting Her know that I was handeling Mother's finances At this...

View more questions Search