Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smalltowngirl11 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2009, 05:33 PM
    Obscure Children's Movie With Swans
    There is a movie that I used to have as a child, and I have been wondering about it lately, and I CAN NOT find anything about it ANYWHERE. It might be made by the same company that did The Little Fox or The Big Fat Fabulous Bear.

The movie itself was animated, but it was a sort of different style of animation. I barely remember it, so I am not sure how to describe it. There is a girl and I think she has seven brothers but the evil stepmother or someone turned them all into swans. There was this part when I think the girl was sleeping and the stepmother put her hands in this weird potion thing and they changed color. Also in the movie the girl is unable to speak and she has to pick stinging nettles to make shirts or something. I think there was a song in it too that may or may not have gone: "See the swans, they're lost in a dream..." or something.

I think the cover of the case/box was pink, though I could be just making that up. This has been bugging me FOREVER, and no one in my family can remember what it was called.

If you can help me AT ALL, that would be unbelievably fantastic!! Thank you so much.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 23, 2009, 05:51 PM

Are you thinking of The Seven Swans?
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

May 23, 2009, 05:56 PM

The story line is based on a Brothers Grimm fairy tale called The Six Swans: The Six Swans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Or it could be a version of Hans Christian Andersen's The Wild Swans: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wild_Swans. This one perhaps? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0999910/

May 24, 2009, 12:13 PM

I looked up the Seven Swans before but I didn't find anything familiar, same with the links posted in the other reply, but thank you, I will keep looking.

May 24, 2009, 12:19 PM
    Actually, I lied. It totally IS The Wild Swans. Thank you thank you thank you!!
    kitkat438 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2010, 10:51 PM
    The Wild Swans? It was a cheap Soviet animated movie that they dubbed over. It's on YouTube but minus the awesome swan song.
    amcdow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2010, 12:25 AM
    I'm watching it right now! I have the vhs!
    ohheythere1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2010, 07:38 PM
    Hey... Yes, the movie is an English-dubbed Soviet cartoon from the 60s. There are actually several dubbings. On Youtube, there's a version from "Stories from my Childhood"- no songs, and it's called the Wild Swans. There's another English version on Youtube as well, edited down with different scenes in different places.

However, the version you are thinking of is a musical one- called just "Swans." The one I have on VHS was released by Just for Kids (company went out of business shortly after). It has the song you mentioned ("See the swans... they're lost in a dream, and their tears fall like raindrops from the sky")

The only version of this one on Youtube is re-dubbed in Polish- you can hear the English in the background and the songs are the same.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdoeRDpeO3Q&feature=related

This movie was always a favorite of mine. This version with the songs is the best!
    Wilber_wrq Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2011, 03:26 PM
    @amcdow put it up on YouTube

May 4, 2011, 03:31 PM
    Comment on amcdow's post
    Hey upload it on YouTube

May 4, 2011, 03:33 PM
    Comment on amcdow's post
    Hey upload it on YouTube
    thedog66 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2012, 11:04 AM
    I think the movie you are lookinng for is called: "Wild Swans Feathers and Embers"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Obscure 80's Sci-fi movie [ 2 Answers ]

Looking for a film that I saw on Spotlight before it became HBO years ago when I was nine or ten years old. I don't know who was in it or the title. It involved aliens that came to earth, and they were yellow aliens, they hid in a shell that looked like humans, then near the end the shell would...

Obscure Children's Movie [ 6 Answers ]

It was about little woodland animals who's forest is polluted with gas from a wrecked tanker, and they have to go to find the cure somehow. There is a badger with rhuematism, and a little skunk girl in it. And at some point they have to run across an open medow in the dark and get away from an...

Obscure 80s animated movie [ 6 Answers ]

A little boy wakes up to find his small home empty, and looks outside to see all the villagers turned to vaguely human-shaped, stone, blocky, tetris-like puzzle pieces and walking mindlessly along a downward sloping path toward the edge of town which rests along the seashore, where an evil wizard...

Obscure movie [ 3 Answers ]

There was a movie I remember seeing when I was younger. The main characters were a young boy and a monster. The monster looked like the honeycombs cereal monster, and I think I viewed it in the late 80's or early 90's. Anything would be helpful. Thanks

Kid's movie/tv in 80s (obscure) [ 3 Answers ]

Ok I've been trying to track this movie down since forever. It is animation, and it was a vhs of what I remember to be episodes of this series/movie. It had I think 4 women characters that had magical hair with colorful squirrels living in their hair that gave them their power. There was a prince...

View more questions Search