Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SAB123 Posts: 685, Reputation: 94

May 22, 2009, 07:04 AM
    Car running a little hot.
    I have a 97 trans am. When car sits idle or sitting in traffic my car seems to run hotter then normal to the point of red linning, but when car is in drive it's at normal temp. When it is cold outside the car doesn't run hot. But when it is warm or hot out my cars runs hot. I have replaced thermostat, flushed radiator and heater core. So if any body has a suggestions please advise Thanks.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 22, 2009, 07:07 AM

Hoe efficient are your fans?

That was my problem, I only had 1 of my 2 fans working so it heated up in hot weather.
    I din't have to replace the fan, just fix up the loose wires to get it running again.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 22, 2009, 07:07 AM

Sounds like it's time to replace the radiator, due to phosphate scale/corrosion:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post235973
    SAB123 Posts: 685, Reputation: 94

May 22, 2009, 07:17 AM

Don't know if this additional info may help for TX, my car has 80,000 miles and has been garage kept and I haven't driving a lot in winter. But the first thing I will check is the fan. Know that I think about it I don't remember it coming on last night when I was driving home. Then check radator next if that's not it. Thanks TX and shaza
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 22, 2009, 07:21 AM

This link should help for checking out the radiator fan:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1642158

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Induction motor comes on, burners don't fire, motor keeps running and running [ 1 Answers ]

I have a tech-4 true blue 90. Induction motor comes on, blowers never light, motor keeps running and running, won't shut off. Board does not flash anything.

My Compaq Presario 160GB hd running XP is running very slow [ 8 Answers ]

computer is running very slowly in everything, except the internet.anti virus programs and a few anti-spyware programs. Stinger, windows defender, AVG Free, Ad-Aware and spyware Doctor.the computer even restarts randomly by itself! Says Windows has recovered from a serious error. I do not know the...

Why is water running? Toilet water keep running into toilet bowl [ 6 Answers ]

I changed all the I possible on toilet as toilet was running off and on. Now water keeps a constant tricke into toilet bow an flapper and float are all working. What else can it be as my water bill was terrible. HELP single grandma raising two grandkids and just got laid off and broke! ...

Outside fan on ac not running [ 1 Answers ]

I fan motor but it still doesn't work. Is it the start capacitor or the dual capacitor.

Bath tub shower spout & head running water running at same time [ 1 Answers ]

I started with a slight dripping problem(sayko system).i decided to replace all 3 stem assemblies together as they all were about 18 years old.after reassembling the new stems(danko brand),turned on the water supply & checked faucets.hot & cold worked fine but when the shower was turned on,water...

View more questions Search