Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JazzyGG Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2006, 05:39 AM
    Furnace not working
    I have a Intertherm Split System A Frame unit.
    I turned the furnace on and it came on ran for about 1 min and went off. It did this 3 or 4 times then I turned if off. It was blowing heated air through vents, it just kept shutting off and comeing on every 1 min or so till I turned it off. Now it won't come on at all. There's two braker switchs down by the fan. There is no box or LED's with lights. Any help will do. Thank You. JazzyGG
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2006, 05:54 AM
    The InterTherm website is useless, even if I had the model number.

Since the heat is starting, the high temp safety swithc may be defective or need adjustment. The unit may start after the switch cools down. If this occurs, should prove my diagnosis.

Try to find the high temp limit switch to determine if it is bad or can be adjusted.

I suppose the problem can be caused by a defective thermostat also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas furnace [ 2 Answers ]

For the past 2 nights my furnace has been blowing out cold air. I have a furnace which is equipped with an ignition device which automatically lights the piolet. I did everything from cutting off the gas valve and power to furnace. When I restarted everything back up, the furnace came on but no air...

Now furnace not working [ 2 Answers ]

I went back to check my connections, then turned the AC/Furnace on and got nothing .When I went down to the furnace it smeeled like something burned.I can't see any thing but I think I blew it. What do you think ?

Gas furnace [ 14 Answers ]

Igot a 1972 carrer furnace it catches fire at the spud part of burner I got 11.5 inch watter column preasure on line you can cut it off turn it back on and it burns good blaze looks good I need some comet on air ajustment or what might be causing this I have cleaned the burners , thanks.

Furnace [ 3 Answers ]

I have what looks to be a old steam boiler. Any recommendations? I was told that I needed about 100,000 btu's. I know that I will have to get the system size correctly to be sure. But I wanted to find out if there is any particular brands that are good before I start getting quotes. I personal...

New furnace [ 9 Answers ]

I have got an old furnace I am going to have to replace eventually. I was looking for general advice right now what I should know when finding someone to replace it. I don't want to get into a situation where it will cost me thousands of dollars when I don't need to. I have a gas furnace with hot...

View more questions Search