Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Trouble69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2009, 06:04 PM
    Change child's name

If I have full custody of my child and his biodad does not ever have contact with him and my husband my child's stepdad wants to get his name changed to ours.. what do I need to do?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 20, 2009, 06:09 PM

First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

But I have to ask why you think your situation was different then the other poster and why my answer wasn't enough.

You have to petition the court for a name change and that means getting the father's permission or show a good faith effort to do so.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I legally change my child's last name? [ 6 Answers ]

How do I legally change my child's last name without an attorney ? Can I legally change my child's last name on my own by making the proper forms and submitting them to the courthouse ? If my child was born in Florida and we now reside in Texas, do I submit the forms at the courthouse in...

Change my child's last name [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 6 year old daughter who has her biological father's last name, although he did not sign the birth certificate no acknowledge paternity in the courts. He does not nor has he ever paid any child support. He has no contact what so ever with her. The only father she knows is my new husband...

Child's name change [ 1 Answers ]

How can I change my toddlers last name to mine in Indiana? Her father and I were never married. He does see her and pay child support pretty regularly. I am the custodial parent.

How to Change child's last name [ 2 Answers ]

My son was born 5 years ago. His father wasn't there to sign the birth certificate. How can I change my son's last name to my married name and have my ex to sign over his rights? He doesn't see our son and our son has said on a number of times he doesn't want to see his biological father anymore....

View more questions Search