Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LostSoul515 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2009, 10:06 AM
    My boyfriend dumped me, but says he will always love me.what does this mean?
    My boyfriend dumped me last week on my birthday and on the same weekend as my graduation from law school. We had been dating for a year and a half. He's also a law student, but he's one year behind me (though the same age as me). This has been really hard for me because I thought of him as "the one." I really saw a future with this guy, and I know he felt the same about me.

Well, since we broke up, we met face-to-face once, and then yesterday, he texted me 11 times (each time I responded, so we were essentially carrying on a conversation) and he called me. In one of his texts, he mentioned that the night before was the loneliest night of his life.

Today, I responded to an e-mail he sent me on Saturday night. I told him that as hard as it is, I thought the breakup was the right thing to do. I don't really want to be broken up, but I do know he has a lot on his plate that he needs to figure out (massive debt, his dad lost his job, he's worried about getting a job, his friends haven't been the greatest, etc.). He told me two weeks before we broke up that he needed space and that he was unhappy. I guess I'm hoping that he'll see once we're not together that he's not magically happy all of a sudden.

This morning, he imed me. We talked for about an hour, and it was intense. He told me he saw his ex last night and cried to her for an hour about me. He told me he threw up this morning. He even said things like, "I know we will have a wonderful connection in the future." But, then he sent me mixed messages saying things like, "We will always be more than friends...not lovers...but more than friends, no matter whose bed you or I are sleeping in. We will always mean this much to each other because for a year and a half, I loved you more than anyone else."

I asked him if he is still in love with me, and he said that he couldn't answer. I don't know what to think. He said he needed space, but he keeps contacting me. I love him deeply, and I want to be with him. What should I do? Do you think we will ever get back together?
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2009, 10:49 AM

You already have one thread going on this.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...do-355287.html

It's better to just continue that instead of starting a whole new one.
    cromptondot Posts: 94, Reputation: 11

May 19, 2009, 11:07 AM
    It sounds like he may be getting cold feet about the next step. You both seem to have a lot on your plates,he may be feeling overwhelmed. Don't push,give him some time and space. Or,just ask him,face to face,if he wants to "try seeing other people" for a little while. If he really loves you,he will come back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dumped for your best friend or dumped for your best enemY? [ 10 Answers ]

Which is worse and why?:(

If you get dumped make sure they feel dumped. [ 76 Answers ]

CAN YOU WIN HER BACK? NO action required. It's only her that determines that... the less you do. The more you do. ReallyIf everyone here followed this maybe more would find they do get there ex back!! And maybe even more will find out that they won't be coming back a lot more quick than...

Being dumped [ 15 Answers ]

What's the best to get over being dumped? And she made it pretty clear she doesn't want to see me anymore. So I really want to avoid making a desperate phone call...

View more questions Search