Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jennyandron Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2009, 05:44 AM
    7 year old neutered male cat brought in a dead animal
    My 7yr old cat, Ron, has never brought things in from outside. Not even sticks, much less something that was once running around. Over the weekend he brought a dead squirrel in set it in front of our front door and appeared very proud of it. I know some cats do this, but he never has. I was wondering what that might be about, and if there is a way to discourage it without freaking him out.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2009, 05:59 AM

He is actually giving you a present.I think if you want to stop him from doing it again,you should get a little bell and put it on his collar.It will warn potential prey of his whereabouts.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 18, 2009, 06:01 AM

Yes... they *think* they are being noce... pity they don't realise that a dead animal isn't as appealing to us as it is to them!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Neutered Male Sprays In House [ 2 Answers ]

I have had this male since 3 weeks old (fostered and adopted). He got neutered as soon as possible. He is now 6 years old. He enjoys being outside most of the day however when in the house, he sprays on the counter tops, dining table, and clothes. Why? He is neutered! Help!

How do you get rid of dead animal smell? [ 1 Answers ]

We have had a rodent killed inside of crawl space smells fowl, canno't seem to find culprit how do we get rid of smell/

Neutered male stuck to female [ 2 Answers ]

My father's rottweiller (neutered) is stuck to a female in heat. This happened late last night and I just found out they are still stuck together today! What should I do? Is there reason for me to panic or should I let them be? It is Saturday, 8 PM - all the vets are closed! PLEASE...

Male Shar pei neutered wanting to mate! [ 2 Answers ]

I need help! My 6 month old shar-pei is already neutered. I just brought home 4 weeks ago a mini daschund. He at first hated her and tried to bite her but now he wants to mate with her! He mounts her. He tries to roll with her and gently nip at each others neck. What should I do? Thanks, ...

Dead Animal Smell [ 4 Answers ]

I have noticed a "dead animal smell" in the front of my house from time to time, mostly around my driveway. I do not smell anything in my house at all and I do not see any dead animals outside my house. What could this be and what should I do about it? It's a faint odor, not too strong, but it's...

View more questions Search