Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    love3light1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2009, 01:50 AM
    Propane Furnace won't start no pilot light red light flashes 3 times
    My propane furnace G6RC has no visible flame and the red light either stays on or flashes 3 times in a row and then the furnace shuts off and tries to restart
    love3light1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2009, 02:01 AM
    Pilot light on propane furnace is off
    How do I restart the pilot light in my propane furnace it is an upflow Condensing furnace G6RC
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2009, 04:12 AM

If it is a condencing furnace it porbally does not have a piloit light. What is brand of your furnace? And what happens when you turn it on?
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2009, 04:14 AM

3 flashes is probably pressure switch. Look on the back of the furnace door it should have your fault code, or in your owners manual.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 18, 2009, 05:55 AM

<Threads merged>
    pcody68959 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2009, 07:33 AM
    I think my pilot light went out last night. High winds in Nebraska. Furnace won't kick on. I have a Bryant Quietline Furnace, C16-21-1FF, Serial Number 5183H11813. Where is the pilot light located?
    KidChaos Posts: 45, Reputation: 3

Jun 30, 2012, 07:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by love3light1 View Post
    My propane furnace G6RC has no visable flame and the red light either stays on or flashes 3 times in a row and then the furnace shuts off and tries to restart
    Is the induced draft motor running? If so is the tube to the pressure switch from the inducer housing clogged in the orifices that its attached to?

Look online for specific legend per make model for codes, its either a limit or proving device or hot surface ignitor module, there is a plug on the leads to the ignitor, unplug it and test for 120 volts at the wires when trying to initiate a heat cycle, there will be a induced draft for 30 seconds a clicking sound and then power to the ignitor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coleman Gas furnace, light flashes 4 times [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1995 Coleman Evcon gas furnace and the green light flashes four times. Instructions say 'limit cycling'. I replaced the limit switch but it didn't help - still flashes four times. The unit lights but the blower doesn't come on and it doesn't shut down. Could the new switch be bad or...

The pilot on my propane furnace will not light [ 3 Answers ]

The pilot on my propane furnace will not light. The tank is full, turned on , we have pressure at the regulator where it enters the house,the line is turn on at the furnace, but can't get a flame at the pilot. All systems are go but can't get the propane to flow from pilot.:mad:

Pilot light on propane furnace won't light [ 7 Answers ]

Hi! This is a little long, please bear with me... Two days ago we woke up to a very cold house, and upon investigation found that the pilot light on the furnace had gone out. Searched around, didn't smell much gas - so we tried to re-light it. Well, it lit and stayed lit (and we got the...

The Snuffed Pilot Light on our Old Propane Furnace. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, We have read most of the posts here, for the snuffing pilot light, and it is wonderful all the helpful people out there. We have an old, propane gas furnace called a J-Line by Moffat. To give you a little history, it has about 30 years of history. It was used part time to heat our house for...

View more questions Search