Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    junemommy Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

May 13, 2009, 05:00 PM
    Large tree removal
    I asked this question a while back but nobody had any answers. I'm hoping that maybe with the addition of some new members that someone will know something. We have a HUGE pine tree in our front yard. We would like it removed but not destroyed. I have been told that some landscaping companies will pay for these trees and remove them to sell to clients preferring mature landscaping. I found one (Big Trees) who said they were interested and then fell off the face of the earth. Does anyone know of any companies that would pay for my tree or at least remove it for free to use at another location?
    Thanks.
    ruthmarx Posts: 41, Reputation: 10

May 13, 2009, 06:22 PM
    Where do you live? I ask because money matters. In the USA SW, people will pay $450 -$650 for an 8 ft to 12 ft blue spruce or similar conifer or evergreen tree. Other parts of the country, not so much. So the removal, wrapping, storage and hauling to a market needs to be within a 24 hour period. Most times, a 'hauler' needs a minimum of four to six trees to break even. A haul of six will make the mortagage and more than that will buy new shoes.
    That said, most loggers aren't willing to do the work (or have the equipment) to relocate a mature pine. Sad but true. It sounds like you will need to select a priority, get rid of the tree or relocate the tree. One is easy and cheap. The other will take time and finding the person willing to do the work.
    May I suggest contacting your City parks and recreation department. Sometimes they have programs. At the very least, a composting option.
    Thank you for thinking of the tree!
    Good Luck!
    ttst12345 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2009, 08:31 PM
    I'm not sure which "Big Trees" you're referring to - the one in Western Washington is still operating. I was there two weeks ago. :) Here's their Web site: Big Trees - Sales and Transplanting :: Big Trees. I don't have experience working with the City Parks department, but that does make sense. Personally, I did a search online for "transplanting large trees Washington" and discovered Big Trees and a few other joints.

Best of luck! I think you're on to something here. ruthmarx is right - there is potentially a lot of money involved.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to repair large hole in tree trunck [ 2 Answers ]

How do I repair a large hole in an Oak tree trunk? Do I fill it with something or just leave nature to heal its self? I would hate to lose the tree. It appears to be have been done by a woodpecker. A very large, deep hole about 6 inches tall by 3 wide. About 8 foot off the ground. Thanks...

Tree sap removal [ 2 Answers ]

What's the best way to get rid of tree sap on the hood & windshield of a prius?

Covering large maple tree roots [ 1 Answers ]

We have a 26 year old Maple tree in our backyard that has huge roots above ground covering a portion of our yard. How might we cover them up without damage to the tree, but in a way to make the yard more attractive. Thanks!!

Tree Stump Removal [ 6 Answers ]

I have a large (2 1/2 foot radius) maple tree stump that is about 1 foot above the ground which I want to remove. I had one removal company come in and quote a $750 price to grind it - which I thought was rather high so I would like to explore other ways of removing the stump at a much lower cost....

View more questions Search