Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angiek78 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2009, 03:29 PM
    DCFS has baby what R mine and my other children's rights?
    I was incarserated and my baby's father could not take care of my baby so he was places with DCFS. I have 2 other children that are not. I was told that they do not have to let my other kids see him because they are not in dcfs coustdy. When I went through all of the papers there were so many things that are not through that they are saying my sis said that she did not. I go to court next week and they are trying to prove neglect for not having him a place to stay but I had no idea what was going on. Im scared.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 13, 2009, 03:32 PM

See an attorney. But the facts are pretty damning. You were incarcerated, that's bad in itself. If you did not have a place for him, that's going to be pretty damning too.

If they are lying you need to prove it. All of these things will go easier if you have an attorney to help.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 13, 2009, 03:35 PM

I am not quite following what you are saying but I will tell you once the DCFS decides to lie there really isn't much you can do unless you get a good lawyer that really fights for you.
    If you are saying that DCFS is saying they do not have to let your other kids see your baby because they are not in DCFS custody too that is wrong. You need to get a DCFS rights booklet from them and get a good lawyer. They are suppose to work to reunite families and once they decide to lie that tells me, from personal experience, that that is not what they are working toward.
    Sunflowers Posts: 218, Reputation: 23

May 13, 2009, 03:43 PM

It would help you if you hire a lawyer. If you can't afford an attorney ask for one at court. DCFS is there to protect your baby. Why didn't he go with the other children when you went to jail? Do you have custody of your other children?

DCFS will want to keep custody until you can prove that you can provide a safe home and environment for your baby. The judge will more than likely go along with DCFS request and recommendations so it would be in your best interest to cooperate with them.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 13, 2009, 04:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunflowers View Post
    DCFS is there to protect your baby.
    The rotten thing is they will and do lie to get kids taken off or kept off parents even when it has nothing to do with protecting the kids. Often it is hard to prove they are lying when they twist things and make you out to be rotten.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

As an aunt do I rights to sue DCFS for vistation rights to see my niece? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi My name is Rosalyn. I have a 12 year old niece that I just adore. Unfortunately she is in foster care with Illinois's DCFS going on 6 years. My sister, my nieces mom is mentally Ill. Her father was in jail for 10 years (my niece was 2 when he was sentence). Now that he is out jail and a witness...

How do I know if the baby is mine [ 10 Answers ]

I was in a relationship for approx 3 months, which unfortunately ended 25/12/08. I have just found out that my ex-girlfriend is now pregnant. We have talked about how far she thinks she is gone and she seems to think the baby isn't mine as she had a period after the last time we slept together (...

How do I know if the baby is mine [ 3 Answers ]

:( how do I know if the baby is mine

How do I know the baby is mine? [ 6 Answers ]

I had sex for the first time with my girlfriend 12/21/06 while she was on her period. She got her period 1 day before (12/20/06). She tells me the last time she had sex was 12/1/06 with a different partner. My questions are 1. If the baby is mine, how many weeks should the baby be? She tells me 4...

A friend of mine wants to write a children's book [ 3 Answers ]

:) Hi Guys, A friend of mine wants to write a children's book. She has a great imagination. And she has the characters in her head. She believes that kids would really love her characters. I am giving her all the confidence she needs like " you can pull it off, and you can do it". But...

View more questions Search