Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dzira Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2006, 02:41 AM
    Spybot destroyed my PC ,help
    Hello Guyz,

I'm having serious problems on my computer, after I've ran spybot search & destroy (I) I can't open Adobe Reader documents in I nternet Explorer
    (ii) Can't open any .exe files display message unable to execute file in the temporary directory. Setup aborted.

Can someone please advise me on what to do b'cause I have no idea how to solve it.

Dzira
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2006, 02:45 AM
    That doesn't sound like something Spybot would cause. Try going to a Restore Point a day before the event occurred.
    Dzira Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2006, 03:08 AM
    Now how do I do that "Restore Point"? But then restoring everything is going to bring back that horrible virus "spyquake" right? b'cause I had it before I ran spybot
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 27, 2006, 03:18 AM
    OK system restore is straight forward.
    Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore. Follow the on screen instructions.
    If, and it's a big if spyquake does return Here's instruction on how to safely remove it.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2006, 03:19 AM
    As for SpywareQuake: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic47826.html
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 27, 2006, 06:24 AM
    As an aside, spyware and viruses are different animals. They do different things, behave differently and are cleaned out differently.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spybot s&d [ 5 Answers ]

I have just recenlt downloaded spybot s&d onto my girlfriens computer but when you load it up and press 'check for problems' the program stops responding. I have tried this many times and still haven't had any luck. I have also uninstalled it and installed it again but it doesn't seem 2 work. ...

My boat and dock where destroyed by neighbors broken loose boat during hurricane [ 3 Answers ]

As I said above, during hurricane Wilma my neighbors boat broke loose from its mooring and floated down to my dock, two homes away, and proceeded to smash my boat and dock until the storm was over. My dock was destroyed and my boat was knocked off the lift and sank, Do I have any recourse, as my...

SpyBot [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I use AdAware_SE, which has updates about every week. I also use SpyBot, but it hasn't had any updates for awhile now. Also use Spyware Blaster, with regular updates. Does anyone use a different free program, other than AdAware_SE, and Spyware Blaster, that you find has regular updates? I...

SpyBot [ 5 Answers ]

Windows2000 I have run SpyBot for some while. (I also run AdAware). Spybut used to run a full scan relatively quickly but currently seems to have slowed down - and getting slower. Any help appreciated. GeorgeH.

Spybot [ 1 Answers ]

I ran spybot s&d came up with error during check cabrotor[Datei:C:\windows\winiini Kan nic what does that mean?

View more questions Search