Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    topslovers Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2009, 06:02 AM
    Dual fuel rheem furnace not working, defrost control board replaced still not working
    Hello there, I have a Rheem furnace and is only one year old. Recently my furnace didn't come on so I had someone come out and look at it and it turns out it was the defrost board on the heat pump that was bad. I replaced the board with a new one and turned the system on and it worked on heat and air conditioning settings. I had it off for about two weeks because I wasn't using it due to the nice weather,However I went to turn air conditioning on and it wasn't coming on at all again. It keeps blowing the fuse on the furnace which tells me that the defrost control board is making the fuse blow again. My question is if I replace the defrost control board on the heat pump (outside Unit) and it keeps blowing my fuse what could be wrong and what do I need to replace?
    By the way I have a dual fuel system, electric and propane so I had been using the system on propane only by having the defrost board disconnected and putting the thermostat on emergency heat only. Please help.
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2009, 04:06 PM

The defrost board is controlling mostly low voltage. I can not se how this would be blowing your furnace fuse. Try replacing the fuse and just turn on the fan and see if it blowes

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat,Rheem Furnace blower not working [ 6 Answers ]

HELLO, JUST CAME HOME IN NJ TO FIND HEAT NOT WORKING. FURNACE IS A RHEEM CLASSIC 90, MODEL#rcba-3765gg21x1. Have power to unit, breaker is on, when I depress covers interlock switch, LEDs light briefly & I can hear what sounds like a burner starting. Blower does not come on. Verified Thermostat...

Blower Fan is not working, need control board for Ducane. [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I get a Control Board for Ducane Furnace Model MPGA100B4A? My tech cannot find one?

Iceco, rheem, weather king furnace not working [ 2 Answers ]

2 year old rheem weather king with no prior problems suddenly stopped working. Model #80pj07ear01. Tried the restart as suggested in the manual. Any other ideas short of calling in a service person

Defrost control board [ 1 Answers ]

Last winter the heat wasn’t keeping up with the set temp, the outside fan came on, but the compressor would not start, you could hear it trying to start but it wouldn’t come on. The tech said the compressor was short cycling, and it was now "locked up", they put in a new compressor (part was cov’d...

View more questions Search