Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    quenie1975 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2009, 07:36 PM
    Ac freezing
    My inside unit freezes up after running for about an hour. For the past three years, at the beginning of summer we have to have it recharged. Last year it was low three pounds. I have had three different companies come out and inspect and they say they cannot find any leaks. Where is the coolant going? Unit is only about 4 years old. After we get if charged it works all summer, and at the beginning of the next same old problem. Its getting expensive to replace coolant every year. Anyone got any suggestions?
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2009, 07:44 PM

I would say you have a small leak in the coil. It is still under warranty if it is less then 5 years old. I would tell them you want a new coil. If not you can add a can of stop leak to the system.
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2009, 07:47 PM

What brand is your unit?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ac freezing [ 3 Answers ]

I have cleaned the filters and the inside coils and it still is freezing. Blower is working. I noticed leaves have lined the inside of the unit an inch thick that is housed outside. Is this a problem for freezing of unit?

I'm freezing in here! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm having an issue with a few rooms in my house that get very little heat coming out of the vents (the heat for these rooms come from the same line). I stuck my arm in the vent to see if there is that valve that blocks the heat or to see if there is a blockage but there is nothing there so...

Refrigerator freezing things and freezer barely freezing items [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Maytag MFF2557HEW, French doors on top and Freezer on bottom. We have freezer set at 7 and refrigerator set at 1. We cannot use veggie drawers because it freezes everything in them. We have to put all veggies and fruits on the shelves. Ice cream remains soft in the freezer, but meats...

Its freezing [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I hava a question abou my furnace. For the last week or two when I set the thermostat to a certain temp 73 the room temp stays at 64 ant the furnace hasn't been kicking on. Thee is a clicking noise that the furnace makes in an attempt to ignite but heat comes out. Besides calling for...

Freezing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My computer freezes when I am trying to watch Internet TV or stream video. Does anybody knows what is the problem? Tx

View more questions Search