Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whendidyou Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2009, 01:35 PM
    In New York is it legal for someone over21 to kiss/make out wit someone underage?
    In New York is it legal for someone over21 to kiss and make out with someone who is underage meaning under 18 if the most they do is make out and mayb get to second base?:confused::confused::confused:
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2009, 01:46 PM
    If your asking then you know its wrong.

That's just how I felt instantly when I read this.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2009, 01:49 PM

18 is the age of consent in New York!

May 8, 2009, 01:49 PM

I'm not asking if its moraly wrong I'm asking if its illigal
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 8, 2009, 01:51 PM

The age of consent in NY is 17. Depending on how old the child is, being over 21 could be considered predatory and carry harsher penalites.

Sex is any contact with genitalia.

May 8, 2009, 01:53 PM

So if its kissing and mayb like touching the other persons body and no oral sex and no touching of the privates is legal? If the kid is 17 and the lady is over 21?

May 8, 2009, 02:04 PM
    Is it legal to make out wit some one under 18 in ny if I'm 21 or older?
    Is it legal to make out wit some one under 18 in ny if I'm 21 or older? If I'm over 21 and I make out wit some one no sex is going on only kissing making out and mayb feeling each other up can I ?
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

May 8, 2009, 02:07 PM

Making out is not illegal, only sex is. But just be careful with a minor. How much longer until the person turns 18?

May 8, 2009, 02:18 PM

First, please do not start multiple threads. I've merged your threads and placed them in the Criminal Law forum since this is a question about criminal law. If you want to add a follow-up use the Answer This Question options.

If the child is 17 or over they are above the age of consent. However, how much over 21 you are and what your relationship is with the child may present a problem.

While it MIGHT not be illegal, it is certainly immoral and you should stop immediately.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 8, 2009, 02:18 PM

Well actually a adult having any sexual contact, breast, sex organs can all be illegal.
    Having sex is rape the other can be lesser degrees of sexual crimes.
    ajGambino Posts: 317, Reputation: 97

May 8, 2009, 02:30 PM

I would steer away from this whole thing. Unless you're willing to wait for him/her, which I don't think is going to happen.

May 8, 2009, 03:49 PM

I agree it did stop I want to make sure nothing can happen to me I'm 35 the child is 17 all we kisses and felt each other up I know its wrong but illegal in ny?

May 8, 2009, 04:13 PM

You are a 35yr old female who had a romantic and sexual encounter with a 17yr old male?

Yes, under those conditions you may be prosecuted. It might depend on your relationship with the boy.

But lady you have a bigger problem. You are SICK! For someone your age to even consider doing this, means you have a screw loose.

You need to get yourself to a shrink and hope you are not found out and prosecuted.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 10, 2009, 10:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by whendidyou View Post
    is it legal to make out wit some one under 18 in ny if im 21 or older? if im over 21 and i make out wit some one no sex is going on only kissing making out and mayb feeling each other up can i ?

It's either no touching of private parts (as you posted) OR "feeling each other up".

For my information, what do you consider second base to be if there is no touching of private parts involved? For that matter, what do you consider private parts to be?
    Uber Member

May 10, 2009, 10:01 AM

Why would a 35 year old female be interested in a 17 year old male?

Just asking.

May 10, 2009, 12:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Why would a 35 year old female be interested in a 17 year old male?

Just asking.
    I think I can describe it in one word "hunk" <eg>
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2009, 07:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Um OK a 17 year old male can hardly fit the description as "hunk" to a 35 year old female. That's so wrong. Maybe he is cute. But a hunk is a bit more older and manlier. Just my opinion.
    Uber Member

May 11, 2009, 07:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post

Let's see - I was thinking "young and eager" but, yes, perhaps a hunk.

And then, afterwards, does he get on his bicycle and pedal his way home?

(I didn't like 17 year old boys when I was a 17 year old girl, by the way.)
    aaron22 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2009, 05:36 PM
    I've looked it up and if the person is over the age of 17 then its legal. In Iowa which is where I live, if your over the age of 16 then you can make out and have sex with a 90 year old. It depends on the state laws though. I did look at your laws and it looks like I'm right.
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2009, 05:38 PM
    But really the whole idea of a grown woman with a 17 year old boy is just sad. What's wrong with dating your own age? Please consider how the community will look at your or your families. This will always linger over your head. Like "hey there is the chick that was with that young boy"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I'm not sure how/when to make the first move for the kiss. [ 7 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I've been kind of hanging around and reading posts and you all seem very helpful so I was wondering if someone could give me a little advice on this girl I've been seeing. Anyway, first I must say that I am just beginning to feel fully recovered from a long-term relationship- one of...

Legal status (student visa) becoming legal resident? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am a legal resident green card holder and have been so for 28 years. I met someone and fell in love and got married. The problem is she is here on a student visa. I would like to know if it is possible for her to obtain legal obtain status. There are a few circumstances that I feel that may...

Eskimo kiss and forehead kiss [ 2 Answers ]

Not sure if this question should be in this forum or in relationship Anyway, just out of curiosity, what can frequent eskimo kissing and forehead kissing in a relationship tell about the significant others who initiate it and the relationship itself? I know that just a couple of physical...

Is it legal to make a mixed CD using tracks of CDs I've already purchased legally? [ 13 Answers ]

I have a nice-sized CD collection, and I'm wondering if it would be legal for me to take a track from this CD, a track from that CD, and some tracks from other CDs and burn them onto a blank CD, effectively making a mix CD from tracks that I've already paid for. I wouldn't distribute it to the...

Is it legal in TN to make renters pay property tax? [ 8 Answers ]

Thanks for all the responses and sorry I didn't make it quite clear the first time My mother owns the trailer and rents a space in a small trailer park. She does pay an annual $25.00 tag registration fee on her trailer (like a car tag). I do this for her at the courthouse each year. Her...

View more questions Search