Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    piercedmilk Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2009, 02:58 PM
    Funny cigarette taste and a tongue piercing
    Hi, I'm smoking a cigarette once in a while and I have my tongue pierced for months now,but every time I smoke,I get a funny taste. Why is that? Do you think that something is wrong?? Whenever I tried a cigarette before I get my tongue pierced, I didn't get this taste...
    Sunflowers Posts: 218, Reputation: 23

May 7, 2009, 02:59 PM

That funny taste is poison

May 7, 2009, 03:01 PM

What do you mean? Why? Can you give me a more detailed explanation??
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2009, 03:20 PM

Is it a metallic taste,possibly from the post that you have in there?

May 7, 2009, 03:22 PM

Well I used to have a metallic post but I changed it into a plastic one yesterday for that exact reason. So its normal then? No dangers from smoking and tongue piercing?
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2009, 03:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by piercedmilk View Post
    well i used to have a metalic post but i changed it into a plastic one yesterday for that exact reason. so its normal then? no dangers from smoking and tongue piercing?
    I know smoking directly after the piercing isn't recommended as it inhibits healing.
    I 'm assuming the only risk is the one that you are well aware of.Smoking is always bad.
    It might be worth looking into further.

May 7, 2009, 03:42 PM

Thank you for your answers:)
    Sunflowers Posts: 218, Reputation: 23

May 7, 2009, 04:03 PM

Well sixty milligrams of nicotine (3 or 4 cigarettes worth ~if absorbed all at once) is enough to kill an adult. Nicotine is a poison also sold as a pesticide.

May 7, 2009, 04:09 PM

OK, keep not smoking then:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I got my tongue pierced and now I can't taste anything. Is this permanent? [ 4 Answers ]

I got my tongue pierced about four days ago. Some time between then and now I've noticed that I really can't taste anything I eat. Is this normal? Will I get my sense of taste back when the swelling goes down, or is it likely that the guy hit a nerve, and I'm just going to be like this for a...

My tongue has a weird taste after my peircing [ 14 Answers ]

:confused: Okay I've had my tongue peirced for about a week and a half now and it feels fine and it doesn't hurt at all. But, I have this weird taste in my mouth and the barbell for some reason feels kinda cold is this a sign of infection if so should I switch to a titanium barbell?

Large taste bubs back of tongue NOT THERE [ 3 Answers ]

I took my wife to a dentist to get her some new false teeth, due to weighr lose her teeth she has do not fit the dentis would not do any thing due to some of her large taste buds on the back of her tongue are gone not there iwnat to know is there a condern for theses missing taste buds my wife...

Tongue Piercing, white tongue, ulcer spot? [ 3 Answers ]

Pierced it 5 days ago. Situated in front of the pierced hole, there is what appears to be an 'ulcer' type looking spot. Can anyone shed some light for me please?:(

View more questions Search