Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    newowner12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2009, 07:34 PM
    How do I seal pvc toilet flange to cast iron drain pipe
    Just bought a house with damaged toilet. Existing plumbing is pvc toilet flange inserted into cast iron drain line. The flange is loose and needs to be refastened to the floor, subfloor condition permitting . How do I seal the pvc toilet flange to cast iron drain pipe to ensure no sewer gas leak?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

May 7, 2009, 04:20 AM
    Hi Newowner...

You want to purchase a TWIST AND SET closet flange... see picture... and a small container of silicone grease. Here, grease the neoprene sleeve a bit and then twist this flange down and into proper placement. Then confirm that the toilet bolts line up right and secure the flange to the floor. That should get you up and running again.

You could also purchase a flange that has 3 screws that when screwed pull up and expand the neoprene seal against the wall of the pipe... see other picture.

Both types should be available at home depot, Lowe's or menards... ;)

Let me know if you have more questions here...

MARK
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cast iron toilet flange [ 9 Answers ]

I have to replace the floor under the toilet because it was rotten. The toilet flange is cast iron (the house is over 60 years old); it is still in excellent shape. I prefer not to remove the flange from the cast iron pipe (I am an amateur, and don’t like to mess around with these ancient...

Raise closet flange on cast iron pipe [ 3 Answers ]

I am installing a new hardwood floor in my bathroom and a new wc. The waste line is cast iron. What is the simplest way to raise the flange the 3/4" (I think) to accommodate the new floor? Thanks Steve

Can you connect a cast iron closet flange to an ABS Pipe? [ 9 Answers ]

I have to move my toilet over an inch from the wall per inspector's request. I have searched the internet and have not found an ABS offset closet flange that would work for me. I did however find a cast iron flange that measures 4" x 2" (Jones Stephens Corp. Model # C44-420). Is it at all...

Cast iron toilet flange the bolt holes will not hold how do we fix it and the flange [ 1 Answers ]

We have a cast iron flange and the bolt holes are not useable can we cut off the top and add a new plastic flange

View more questions Search