Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KayGates Posts: 95, Reputation: 5

May 5, 2009, 07:42 PM
    Coloring my hair and confused!
    My hair is naturally dark brown with reddish highlights in the summer. I want to dye it, but I am not sure what to do. I was thinking maybe dying the underpart lighter and maybe playing with some funky colors. Does anyone have any tips for at-home-hair dying for dark hair?

My hair is a bit shorter now and I have side swept bangs. I was also thinking of getting a new cut. The last lady BUTCHERED it.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2009, 07:53 PM

Read through this helpful site. :) it may give you more help than you were even looking for

SoYouWanna dye your own hair? | SoYouWanna.com
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 6, 2009, 12:37 PM

To make the underside of your hair lighter you can't just dye it.

You will need to either buy a blonde "dye" with a bleach in it or use plain 'ol bleach yourself.

I used to have my hair about as long as yours and I put a blue streak right underneath to one side, you could only see it when I pulled my hair up... it added a bit of interest :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can permanent hair coloring cause hair to fall out at the roots? [ 1 Answers ]

Can using a permanent hair color cause hair to fall out at the roots?

Hair loss due to hair coloring [ 2 Answers ]

Can certains types of hair color cause cause hair loss? A cheaper hair color? >Moved from Forum Help<

Will coloring the hair increase dandruff in the hair ? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I recently colored my hair and I feel that the dandruff has increased. I used to use sunsilk before coloring my hair and it was nice and smooth , after coloring I changed to Loreal color shampoo and I feel the dandruff has increased. Can you tell me if I can use sunsilk itself or is the...

Dry and frizzy hair from leaving hair coloring on too long. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I usually color my hair every four weeks to cover up the gray. I use the same color " medium copper brown" which is a little lighter than my natural color. The last time I colored my hair, I left it on for too long, almost an hour, I was talking on the telephone and didn't notice the...

Hair Coloring - Dying auburn hair with grey roots [ 2 Answers ]

Any advice for dying already dyed auburn hair with massive grey roots. I heard that using an ash color will diminish the brassiness.

View more questions Search