Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chryste7 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2009, 02:30 AM
    Eggplants.support or not?
    I have planted two varieties of eggplants, white and purple/black skinned (very narrow and long), in my garden for the first time this year. Will they produce more vegetable if staked/supported or should I just let them fall where they may as they begin to grow and become heavy? Or doesn't it really matter? Just curious.

Thanks for your reply
    Jimbo
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 4, 2009, 04:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chryste7 View Post
    I have planted two varieties of eggplants, white and purple/black skinned (very narrow and long), in my garden for the first time this year. Will they produce more vegetable if staked/supported or should I just let them fall where they may as they begin to grow and become heavy? Or doesn't it really matter? Just curious.

Thanks for your reply
    Jimbo

I would stake them, but they are going to grow well staked or not. I stake mine to keep them off the ground where they get blemished on one side.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a man after paying support for 15 yrs request paternity and get support stopped [ 2 Answers ]

If a man paid child support for 15 yrs and begins to question paternity can he get this stopped

Family support/spouse support/alimony [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Northern California, I pay family support to my ex but is it the same than spouse+child support? How can I stop paying alimony to my ex who's getting married?

View more questions Search