Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kristin84 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2009, 07:41 AM
    What will happen if you violate a felony probation with a misdemeanor?
    My boyfriend got a felony for grand theft and they gave him probation. He violated with a misdemeanor for stealing some video games from target which he was going to pawn for money. What is going to happen to him when he goes to court? The grand theft was his first offense.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 3, 2009, 07:49 AM

A probation violatoin is just that, a violation,

1. he will have to go to court for the theft of the games, and most likely get a fine, additional probation.

2. he should have already reported this theft to the PO, and if the PO has not violated his probation he will be OK.

** if he has not reported this to his PO, then that is another violation of course, and he needs to tell him right away. It is possible that this theft could send him back to prison for his entire original prison sentence.
    MrEinstein Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

May 15, 2009, 12:23 AM

What is your problem?? Get off drugs and get a new boyfriend girl
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 15, 2009, 06:22 AM

Hello again, Einstein:

Please go away!

excon
    MrEinstein Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

May 15, 2009, 07:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, Einstein:

Please go away!

excon

Oh yea... god forbid we dispense some advice that will actually this poor girl.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 15, 2009, 07:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEinstein View Post
    Oh yea...god forbid we dispense some advice that will actually this poor girl.
    She didn't ask for your opinion on her life, or her boyfriend. She asked for legal advice.

If you have nothing to offer then I have to agree with excon, go away.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felony probation felony violation-what will happen? [ 15 Answers ]

I have a godson whose mother is a convicted felon for forgery/writing checks, and is on felony probation, she was recently arrested, they had a bench warrant out for her arrest. She went to court, plead guilty, and went to court this morning to see what the charges were, they consisted of: usage of...

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony [ 6 Answers ]

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony. I see many questions on this topic... please post my input. A summary Court Martial is not a felony conviction period! There is nothing in the military to equate a Court Martial to a felony or misdemeanor conviction. The federal courts look...

What happens if you violate felony probation? [ 9 Answers ]

I really really would appreciate your help on this matter! My father was arrested about a year ago for possession of drugs but the judge sentenced him to probation. He attended all his classes and gave drug tests that were all required in his probation. He has hep C and he became so ill he left...

Violation of probation on a felony drug charge.what will happen? [ 6 Answers ]

In July of last year my boyfriend of 3.5 years got caught with cocaine and spent 56 days in jail. He was sentenced to 5 years probation and fines. This past Thursday he and I got into an argument, alcohol was a factor for him, and the police came and arrested him for a domestic violence charge as...

Violate of Probation [ 2 Answers ]

Back in Sept, of 2006 I went in front of a judge to terminate a court order of restraining order of my boyfriend. The judge approved. The thing is, his probation officer came to the house March 28, 2007 to arrest him because now they are saying he violoated probation because there is a stay away...

View more questions Search