Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dawewa46 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2009, 03:09 PM
    Driving out of state on a suspended license
    I live in Arizona and received a ticket for over-weight load while driving truck for my job. Employer said they would take care of fine and they attempted to contact court to take care of it but didn't get a response (I have a copy of the letter). I was on road most of the time and stupidly didn't check up on it :o. Five months later was laid off due to slow down of work and apparently company didn't continue to pursue taking care of fine. Arizona license was recently suspended because of this but I didn't know it because never received notice. I found out about suspension while driving on vacation in Illinois when I was pulled over for driving without a seatbelt; IL police ran AZ license through the computer, found out AZ license suspended and now have to go back to Illinois in June for court date. $2,900 fine for the ticket in AZ and $10 to reinstate license has since been taken care of by me so all is well in Arizona (except my wallet :eek:). Is it necessary to get a lawyer in Illinois when going to court or will proof of everything being taken care of in Arizona help clear up the issues in Illinois? :confused::confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 2, 2009, 03:26 PM

Not sure what you mean by "take care of it" you will have to pay a fine in IL for driving on a suspended license. The proof you corrected and got a license may help but I suspect you will pay the ful fine anyway
    dawewa46 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2009, 03:35 PM

Employer was going to pay the fine. I know I'll have to pay a fine for Illinois ticket but don't know if I'll need a lawyer or not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Driving with a suspended license Arizona [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I am really worry! :(Today I got stop by a police officer, for going 12 miles over the limit, when he checked my license it was suspended for not paying a 200 dlls fee for a minor traffic violation in another city. I am in the state of Arizona, and tomorrow morning I will pay my ticket and...

Driving with suspended license [ 12 Answers ]

Good Morning, Unfortunately, I was stopped while driving with no ins. And a suspended license. I'm not proud of this. I had to get a public defender and I have an upcoming court appearance. I spoke to him and he said that to help myself out, I should call the dmv and ask them how I can help the...

Caught driving with a suspended license, is jail a must? [ 4 Answers ]

In the State of Virginia, my friend was stopped by an officer for making a wrong U turn. Eventually, the officer realized that he was knowingly driving with a suspended licence. His question is, is he just going to be fined or a jail sentence is a must?

Driving on suspended license [ 3 Answers ]

I was charged with d.s.l. got my license straight then suspended again because I forgot about a ticket this is all in Georgia.got caught again for d.s.l. because I forgot about ticket and court date. Have not been to court on either one. What are possibilities and advice.

If I have a Georgia state driving license and I want to tranfer it to Illinois. [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Georgia class c driving license and I am moving to Illinois and what do I need to have to get my license transferred. Some one told me that you have to take a test again to get the license. What I need to know is what do they ask for when they transfer it?

View more questions Search