Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katclem30 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2009, 08:39 AM
    9 month old slight fever
    My 9 month old has a fever of 100.6. he's not throwing up or sleeping all day, but I'm worried it could be a virus or flu. His nose is running but he's still pretty active. Should I worry?
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2009, 08:42 AM

I would still take all caution and get him to the doctor right away. You can never be too cautious when dealing with an infant.
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2009, 09:43 AM

I would take him to a doctor if it gets to 102.

But really 100.6 is right on the threshold of being a mild fever. A bit of a fever is normal when a child is sick; this is a sign the body is fighting off the infection and doing what it's supposed to do.

Only give him Motrin/Tylenol if your doctor gives the OK. Often parents rush to medicate which only "masks" the fever.

Keep him comfortable and cool to help with the fever. Strip him down to only his diaper or a t-shirt and check his temp occasionally to see if it fluctuates.

As for playing while he's sick, many kids do. They don't know that they should rest to get better but he will let you know when he's tired. You'll notice that even though he's playing, he probably won't play for as long before he gives out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fever with a 5 month old baby [ 3 Answers ]

What can I do to sooth a 5 month old baby with fever?

Landlord Requiring 2 month Vacating Notice on 3 month (month to month) lease [ 21 Answers ]

I am in a situation and am in need of some advice. I am currently renting an apartment in Minneapolis. I am doing an internship which only requires me to live here for 3 Months. I signed a lease with a complex on a month to month basis. I planned to Move out at the end of April, so on march 1 I...

18 month old Daughter fever and vaginal bumps [ 4 Answers ]

We have been to the Doctor about the 99 degree fever and they don't seemed concerned and relate it to possibly her teeth. Everything else is fine but she was very irritable the last few days. We found that it was related to her peeing as we found some raised small bumps (like pimples) on the...

Fever/Mucus poop/ Irritable 5 month old [ 1 Answers ]

My son who is 5 months old on Friday is very irritable, has mucus poop and has been running a fever for the last four days. Fever is around 99.5. What do you think this could be? There is really no sign of teething, but heck you never know!

9 month old son has had fever for 2 days [ 8 Answers ]

Hi... I have a question about my son. He is 9 months old. He has been running a temp of 99-101.6 for 2 days. He is teething. He has his 8 teeth already. His back molars are coming in. He is drooling, chewing, fingers in month and very unhappy. He has been playing, eating, and laughing. This...

View more questions Search