Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hawkeyg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2009, 07:04 AM
    Hedges for privacy
    I would like to plant hedges on our property line. I want hedges that will grow 6 feet or more and do not need to be maintained. Also, the soil is very acidic, there were pine trees bordering our property and over the years the pine needles just got deeper and deeper, I was going to try to plant the hedges a few feet from the main area of the pine needles. I want to have these hedges for privacy purposes, any suggestions?? Thank you
    SAB123 Posts: 685, Reputation: 94

May 1, 2009, 01:21 PM

My old house had hedges and I had to cut them down at lest 2 times in the spring and summer. It was about 50' long and it took 3-5 hours to trim. You may want to put up a fence.
    ruthmarx Posts: 41, Reputation: 10

May 13, 2009, 10:04 AM

Lilacs make a wonderful privacy fence and need little maintenance. In the summer, they smell great and have lovely flowers. However, in the winter, they loose their leaves. So mixing them with evergreens is a nice touch. Where I live, they are leafedout 7 months a year and that works for me.
    Just a suggestion. You'd need to research which variety is best for your area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The War Chris Hedges forgot [ 12 Answers ]

The Other War: Iraq Vets Bear Witness More propaganda from phrasemongers and windbags, who distort facts, pass off friends as enemies, and enemies as friends are at it again. What Chris Hedges leaves out is that there is another kind of war, a just war….'Revolution'…. As is the case in Iraq, the...

Damaged cedar hedges [ 1 Answers ]

My cedar hedge was damaged by heavy snowfall and snow blowing equipment. Many branches are bent down and partially split-apart, but still entirely green. The completely broken ones are turning brown. Can I push the split ones back together and wrap burlap twine around the split in the hope of them...

Help with Removing Hedges! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. It's springtime and that means outdoor landscaping. Does anyone know an easy way of removing mature hedges that are about 4feet high and 20 feet long without using chains and a pickup truck? Thank you. Norm

Cutting Hedges [ 2 Answers ]

I have two sections of hedges in front of my house that are about 41/2 feet high. I would like to cut them back to about 3 feet high. What is the right way to do this? Thank you.

View more questions Search