Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slc258 Posts: 68, Reputation: 3

Apr 29, 2009, 07:44 AM
    14" chainsaws
    Need to buy a chainsaw for very occasional use to deal with the occasional fallen tree, fire wood etc...

Would a 14 " chainsaw be adequate for this use... or should I go bigger? I obviously do not want to buy a saw that is useless but I am also looking to save a buck since I may only use it occasionally and spend more of my money on other tools
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2009, 01:14 PM

That evaluation should be based on the maximum diameter expected and the type of wood. OAK being a harder wood.

You can also consider electric, but it may not be a good idea for firewood.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 29, 2009, 01:39 PM

More than inches you should be looking at brands. I'd go 16" simply because I run into larger trees and 16 is an all around good size. Stihl Chain Saws - Professional Chainsaws, Fire & Rescue Chainsaws, Electric Chainsaws - STIHL USA and Husqvarna Powerful Robust Saws for Professionals | Husqvarna Chainsaws are very good brands

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Discovery, Animal Planet, "Lost Tapes" series: "Monster of Monterey" (Sharon Novak) [ 28 Answers ]

I watched this premier episode last night: Sharon Novak did a 171 day solo sailing trip and web-cammed it for nothingabout the real story. My opinion of the family of Discovery Channels has dropped several notches. Does anyone know the real story? I'll be the first to apologize if the...

Oil/gas ratio's for older craftsman chainsaws [ 3 Answers ]

I have a craftsman chain saw that is probably 12 years old and hasn't been run in over 5 years. There is no visible part # on the chainsaw itself, but the carrying case has a # on it. Part #36625. I need to know the correct oil/gas ratio. Also, if there is anything else that I might need to do...

Oscar De La Hoya "Golden Boy" vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Part 2 [ 1 Answers ]

Who would win between these 2. Oscar De La Hoya "Golden Boy" vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Part 2 My vote is for Oscar to win this time by unanamous decision.

View more questions Search