Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jminor69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2009, 04:56 PM
    Well pump leak
    I have a problem with my well. I have a subm. Pump 100 feet deep approx 10 feet off the bottom of well and 20 feet of water above the pump. I replaced the plastic pipe from the pump to the pitless adapter and I replaced both sides of the pitless adapter. The pump builds pressure turns off but has a leak and runs every 8 min. If you listen down the well casing you hear water dripping. Using a flashlight I can see most of the pitless and it appears not to be leaking (but I replaced it anyway) I hear it dipping so it is above the water line so I replaced the plastic pipe. It still is leaking the same, does anyone have an idea.
    csavage1 Posts: 86, Reputation: 5

Apr 28, 2009, 07:12 PM

Check the pitless again the rubber o ring may be damaged. The best way to see the leak is with a mirror when the sun is out. Good luck keep us posted.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2009, 07:59 PM

If your pump is cycling every eight minutes, then you have to be losing a gallon a minute or so of water. That's some leak! You might want to consider putting a checkvalve between the tank and the pitless adapter. At least that would prevent the pressure tank from emptying through the leak. Not a long term fix, I don't guess. Just a thought.

Are you saying you have replaced the wellpipe twice??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water Leak near bathtub but no leak behind tub found [ 5 Answers ]

I recently noticed water marks in the ceiling on the lower floor that is about 3-6 feet away from the tub above that floor. I had noticed similar leak several years ago, just painted it over and did not see any more water marks for several years. I cannot seem to find where it is coming from. I...

Faucet leak from middle hole - leak under cabinet [ 8 Answers ]

I hired plumber to install new faucet on my kitchen sink and bathroom basin. He did a good job with it, but while he was installing them he did not use silicon putty under the faucet gasket. I told him or remind him to do that but he still didn’t do it and told me you don’t need grout under new...

P0442 Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (small leak) [ 3 Answers ]

P0442 Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (small leak) on a dodge dakota 2001 3.9liter 4x4

Shower Leak and toilet leak in different bathrooms [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Leak 1. Last week I noticed a water stain in my ceiling below my shower. The stain is about 1 foot to the left of where the drain would be. The stain on my ceiling is in the shape of an "L" . Leak 2. I hope this is unrealated to Leak 1. There is a stain on my ceiling which I...

Engine Oil Leak/Antifreeze Leak--2001 Chrysler Town and Country [ 1 Answers ]

My 2001 T & C has 82K and what I am told, by a reputable source,but not a mechanic, is an engine oil leak. The leak seems to be toward the front and middle. I haven't noticed an oil smell, any smoke, etc... but we are also trapped in below zero weather in Nebraska. I was also told there is an...

View more questions Search