Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lyons226 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2009, 01:33 PM
    Tenant rights when a house is being put up for sale.
    My landlord is selling the house I live in but didn't give me notice until he showed up with the real estate company. It was agreed that we have 6 months to move. Now the landlord wants me to move in 15 days. Can he only give me 30?
    LILL Posts: 212, Reputation: 15

Apr 28, 2009, 02:38 PM
    It really depends on a few things.

Do you have a lease?

What state do you live in?
    Lyons226 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2009, 10:43 AM
    I am on a month to month lease. I live in Florida.
    LILL Posts: 212, Reputation: 15

Apr 29, 2009, 11:30 AM
    Florida laws on a month to month tenancy require either party to give a 15 day notice notice to vacate.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2009, 11:38 AM

That is only if it is not listed as otherwise in your lease.

Please review the enclosed website.

Florida's Landlord/Tenant Rights

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tenant refuses to let anyone see the for sale house. [ 2 Answers ]

I'm renting-out my house and the tenant changed the locks, did not give me keys and refuses to give me copies. I'm trying to sell my house (it's in foreclosure with auction date of 10/30/07) and need to sell it before. The tenant does not let anyone see the house and refuses to let anyone in. What...

Notifying tenant of sale [ 6 Answers ]

I'm in the state of Florida and I can't find anything governing my situation. My rental of 2 years to the same tenant will go on the market next year. My tenant at first wanted a 3 year lease and 1st dibbs to buy. No price was discussed and I told him we would see how it went. I spoke to him...

Foreclosure on house I live in key west Florida what are my rights as a tenant [ 3 Answers ]

I live in key west Florida irecently receive a notice in the mail stating July 31 2007 there will be an auction forclosing the property I live in. so do I have any right to remain in the house . The proerties aren't selling well in key west right now I'm assuming the bank will buy it then try and...

DC Tenant law/Sale of residence [ 4 Answers ]

My landlords have sold the residence in which I live and have asked me to leave. My lease is up although we had a verbal agreement when I moved in that the lease would be extended. I have now found my apartment listed on craigslist for rent at $500 more per month than I am paying. I was not...

Eviction of Tenant after Tax Sale - PA [ 1 Answers ]

I am considering the purchase of property in a sale conducted by the county for non-payment of real estate taxes. There is currently a tenant living in the property. If I purchase the property at the tax sale, what rights do I have to have the tenant evicted so I can tear down the property?

View more questions Search