Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rachel2002 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2009, 05:34 PM
    Water pressure
    I have an old house that runs off a point. We have a new water pump and a 25 gallon holding tank. My problem is that our upstairs bath tub will turn on full force for about 8 gallons or so then shuts off completely you have to shut valve off and wait for ten minutes or so then do the process over again. What could be the problem?
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2009, 05:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    have an old house that runs off a point. We have a new water pump and a 25 gallon holding tank.
    What is the "off a point" ?
    Is this a tank that's fed and then water gravity feeds out to tub?

If this is a tank that's gravity feed tank to the tub then it sounds like the tank is not vented or the vent there is clogged.

If it is a tank try to vent the tanks

Shooting a bit in the dark here. Need better details
    csavage1 Posts: 86, Reputation: 5

Apr 28, 2009, 05:58 AM
    The point is a driven well by hand and will yield very low gpm of water.I would suggest a larger holding tank. Also its possible there is sediment plugging up the plumbing.

More info would help and the pro speedball can reply with some info.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 28, 2009, 06:52 AM
    Is this really a holding tank or is it a pressure tank? And if it's a holding tank do you have a bladder or pressure tank installed.
    Got a hunch that this is a pressure tank, if it's really a holding tank then it's woefully undersized. Will your pump produce a steady stream of water from a hose bib?
    How large is your family? How deep is the driven point? Is the bath tub the only fixture affected? We really need more details before we can give you a answer. Regards, Tom
    rachel2002 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2009, 08:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rachel2002 View Post
    i hav an old house that runs off a point for water not a well. We have a new water pump and a 25 gallon holding tank. my problem is that our upstairs bath tub will turn on full force for about 8 gallons or so then shuts off completly u hav to shut valve off and wait for ten minutes or so then do the process over again. What could be the problem?
    ??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New hot water heater installed, but no hot water pressure. Plenty of cold water? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I own a small plumbing service and have a problem I've never encountered before. I installed a new top vented gas water heater for a customer. Turned the main back on, bled air out of the lines, etc. Problem is there is no hot water pressure throughout the house. Cold water pressure is fine....

Low water pressure causing high blood pressure [ 1 Answers ]

I have low or no hot water pressure to the downstairs bathroom. I've replaced the cartridges, valves and hot water heater, still no pressure... help.

House water pressure from well losing pressure [ 2 Answers ]

I have a well at my home that provides the primary water . I have replaced the well pump with a new one, the pressure tank was bad replaced it, pressure switch was bad replaced it. Now I cannot maintain pressure through out my house. The initial pressure is good for about 10 seconds then it slowly...

View more questions Search