Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aleavitt22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2006, 11:20 AM
    8 Month Old Weimaraner Potty Issues
    Hello All. I just picked up an 8 month old Weimaraner last night. I know it is the first day or so of her adjusting to her new environment. The previous owner said she IS house broken and went to the bathroom just before we picked her up. We took her home and she would not go to the bathroom for about 3-4 hours. She slept through the night without any incidents. When I took her out in the morning, she would not go potty either. I crated her while I went to work. I went home at lunch time and she had pooped and peed in the crate. How do I get her to go to the bathroom outside and why is she going in the crate? Could it be a new environment? Could the cage be to big? I thought they needed enough room to turn around, but how big exactly is that? Any ideas or suggestions?
    Melinda Posts: 102, Reputation: 20

Sep 20, 2006, 03:57 AM
    She's not sure of her environment yet, give her time, you'll have to take her outside on a leash and stand in one spot, just keep telling her "do pee" or whatever phrase you want, it may take awhile, dogs are smart creatures, she's just not sure where you want her to go yet, she will catch on, when you wipe up the pee in her crate next time, place the papertowel outside where you want her to go, let her sniff it, when she does pee, praise her to high heaven. Give her time...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Year lease then month to month? [ 9 Answers ]

I live in Los Angeles California. I've lived in my apartment for over 1 year after signing a 12 month lease. Now that the 12 months on the lease are over, my landlord wants me to sign a new 12 month lease. I don't want to sign another 12 month lease. I may go to school in a few months and I'd...

Notice required on a month to month lease? [ 9 Answers ]

I signed a 1 year lease that ended on July 31, 2006 in Minnesota. The lease states that if resident stays in the apt after the lease ends, with managements approval, it becomes a month to month lease. I stayed. The notice period stated in the lease is 60 days, effective the last day of the month....

Property convert to month to month? [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, I live in Wisconsin and I have been renting 2 back to back billboards of which one is subleased. The party did not renew the 5 year lease and the subleasee gave notice they were not renewing their lease. The problem is that the lease ended June 1st and they have not removed their...

Unwell Weimaraner - Help needed [ 1 Answers ]

Hi - hope someone can help. I have a 5 year old Weimaraner bitch who for the past 12 days has seemed really miserable and is off her food. I have taken her to the vets on numerous occasions and despite blood tests and x-ray can not find anything wrong with her. Sometimes she will eat a sausage...

Update: Nine month dachshund still has potty problems. [ 1 Answers ]

After taking her to the vet to talk about why she pees in her crate, he put her on antibiotics in case of a bladder infection and suggested I take out all her bedding, so urinating would be less tolerable for her. So for a little more than two weeks she was on medication and had no bedding, and...

View more questions Search